View Full Version : Best bluetooth GPS and software for 4155?

Dinan
07-29-2004, 11:18 AM
Well I'm planning to bring my car with me this year when I return to college and I really want to be able to have my 4155 act as a GPS (Boston is hard to navigate sometimes and I frequently go on ski trips to Vermont). I have some experience with mapopolis (just the software, not actually coupled with a GPS thingy) and the maps take up a lot of space and if I wanted to drive from NYC to Boston, I would need a ton of different maps for each county I drive though, even more for trips from Boston to Vermont. Anyway, I'm just wondering what's the best bluetooth GPS device and software for my PPC. Also, I'd need a cradle for the PPC that would fit in a BMW 3 series. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

Sven Johannsen
07-29-2004, 02:43 PM
Actually PPC map data is fairly big no matter what you get it seems. Are you aware that you can load a State Major Roads map in Mapopolis and just the origin and destination counties for longer trips? It moves from county to major roads seamlessly.

As far as a mount goes take a look at the Proclip stuff. http://w3.easytrade.net/abm/frameset.dip?_cr=url%3Dcategories.dip%253fitem%3D900143

A new entry into the BT GPS pool is at www.earthmate.com. For $150 and another handheld map software app included, it looks interesting.