View Full Version : tired of cnet.com

rzanology
07-28-2004, 06:29 PM
Im tired of seeing palm handhelds rated hire than PPCs. I am tired of see ipaqs with low scores. When you look at the video reviews, the people that review these things have no idea what they are doing. Just by looking at them you can tell they don't use PDAs everyday in their life, they hold them as if they don't know what to do with them. This is horrible. I use to trust their reviews blindly with other things such as cameras and video equipment. But based on their poor judgment with PDAs (which I happen to know a few things about) I think its best I run down to J&R and test these things out myself.

.....just venting...that's all.

c38b2
07-28-2004, 06:37 PM
The reviews are not written for the experienced PDA user, they are written so that those who haven't had much, if at all experience with PDAs can use the reviews to know what they can expect will be easier to use, faster, etc. - and despite PPCs faster processors Palms win both those rounds.

mscdex
07-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Don't worry, there's a lot more people that do this than just CNet. It's just that the Palm has been advertised much more for a longer period of time, thus people are more familiar with it and refer to all handhelds as Palms.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who have never heard of a PocketPC, but know what a Palm is, or associate the term handheld with Palm.

KenClunk
07-28-2004, 06:51 PM
I don't trust anyones reviews except for people like us. The actual users who are not bias one way or the other. I always check out Epinions before buying anything. Almost everything is rated by dozens of actual users. It is the best way to get the true quality of a device.