View Full Version : Audioxox PPC 4100 WARNING!!!!!!!!(more)

scottk
07-27-2004, 08:38 PM
I've been using the Siemens sx56 for almost 2 years and have been quite content. 2 days ago I acquired the PPc 4100 and must say I'm a little worried. Upon reading the manual I discovered the instruction" this unit is designed to be used with the speakerphone or headset, and not to be used as a cell-phone against your head". I wondered why. It does operate as a cell phone quite well, so I decided to ask Audiovox what they meant, and what was the EMF emmisions. They explained that they did'nt apply to the FCC as a cell phone, so they were'nt required to measure the EMF. And that's why it's not a "cell phone". Am I going to get a tumor using this as a normal phone? This is enough of a problem I am considering returning it. Any thoughts from you folks? Thanks in advance, Scott Killam

Ryan Joseph
07-27-2004, 08:46 PM
I would contact AnexTEK about it, as they're the original maker of the device:

http://www.anextek.com/sp230.htm

Let us know what they say or if you hear anything else from Audiovox! That's just a little scary. 8O

sharyncern
08-04-2004, 09:20 PM
I don't know how you could have been content with the SX56 for almost two years; I had it for a year and found it almost unusable. I have the PPC4100 now and am totally happy with it. I use it as a cell phone against my ear all the time with no problems at all.

And I'm not worried about getting a tumor. I'm just happy to have a unit that has enough memory and power to actually work properly. :D