View Full Version : Office 2003 Service Pack 1 Released

Janak Parekh
07-27-2004, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9C51D3A6-7CB1-4F61-837E-5F938254FC47&displaylang=en' target='_blank'>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en</a><br /><br /></div>Just a public service announcement to those of you using Office 2003: SP1 is finally here. I'm particularly interested in OneNote SP1, which <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27166">as we talked about earlier</a> has lots of improvements, including (one-way) Pocket PC sync. :mrgreen: You can also use <a href="http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/mainCatalog.aspx?CTT=98">Office Update</a> to automate the process.

dean_shan
07-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Hey thanks for the heads up. Downloading it right now.

Zack Mahdavi
07-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks.. I'm also installign it now.

PR.
07-27-2004, 11:40 PM
There was also a patch for ActiveSync and Outlook2003 in there that fixed the bug of cached mode in Outlook when connected to an Exchange server than the user deleted an email from Outlook that it didn't sync to the PPC

The full fix list is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842532

mmidgley
07-27-2004, 11:41 PM
> including (one-way) Pocket PC sync

Isn't "export" the proper word for a one-way sync?

m.

paris
07-28-2004, 12:07 AM
installed it already ;) lets hope it will make 2003 even better

Jonathon Watkins
07-28-2004, 01:05 AM
Downloading......... :mrgreen:

Jeff Rutledge
07-28-2004, 01:06 AM
There was also a patch for ActiveSync and Outlook2003 in there that fixed the bug of cached mode in Outlook when connected to an Exchange server than the user deleted an email from Outlook that it didn't sync to the PPC

The full fix list is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842532

Do you happen to know a way to apply this fix on its own?

Janak Parekh
07-28-2004, 01:38 AM
> including (one-way) Pocket PC sync

Isn't "export" the proper word for a one-way sync?
Not quite, since the process can be automated -- there's an option in OneNote to "automatically convert Outlook notes".

--janak

Steven Cedrone
07-28-2004, 02:16 AM
Downloaded and installed! So far, so good! :wink:

Steve

Kai920
07-28-2004, 03:16 AM
Thanks PPCT, installing now :werenotworthy:

Anthony Caruana
07-28-2004, 04:33 AM
Downloaded and installed. Obviously some pretty low level fixes as I had to reboot the OS. But, so far all is OK and they don' t seem to have broken anything.

Gremmie
07-28-2004, 05:07 AM
Well, something I overlooked. After installing the SP, it deactivates Microsoft Free/Busy Server to share your free/busy times. I use it as a free low-power alternative to share my calendar with my family.

Mike Temporale
07-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Downloaded and installed. Obviously some pretty low level fixes as I had to reboot the OS. But, so far all is OK and they don' t seem to have broken anything.

Really? No reboot required on my machine.

BTW, I like the new options for junk mail in Outlook. If you haven't looked there yet, I suggest you do. :D

Anthony Caruana
07-28-2004, 01:52 PM

Really? No reboot required on my machine.

BTW, I like the new options for junk mail in Outlook. If you haven't looked there yet, I suggest you do. :D

The Outlook stuff is not a big deal as we use Lotus Notes at work. Funny that you didn't need a reboot. Perhaps it depends on what other stuff you have installed. I had every security and critical update installed.

Mike Temporale
07-28-2004, 01:56 PM
The Outlook stuff is not a big deal as we use Lotus Notes at work. Funny that you didn't need a reboot. Perhaps it depends on what other stuff you have installed. I had every security and critical update installed.

Same here. All patched up, and running on Windows XP pro.

Mike Temporale
07-28-2004, 01:57 PM
Just learned that this Service pack broke my signatures in Outlook. I have multiple accounts with a different sig for each one. The information was still there, just lost all the mappings. :( Easy fix.

beq
07-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know if this finally fixes the problem of Outlook 2003 not being able to save your login/password when connecting to Exchange 2003 via RPC-over-HTTP?? Needless to say it has been very annoying to have to type in your username/password each time you run Outlook (if you don't want to set up a VPN connection that is).

I have hosted-Exchange subscriptions for my family's personal accounts (tried both eOutlook and 1and1), and this problem has persisted across both providers and on all of our various PCs. They have even acknowledged the bug and said hopefully the next service pack would fix it. (Though I would be very interested to hear if anyone has not had this problem?)

Someone else had suggested the earlier Exchange 2003 SP might be the fix, but alas no. So I'm really hoping on this Office 2003 SP!

Janak Parekh
07-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know if this finally fixes the problem of Outlook 2003 not being able to save your login/password when connecting to Exchange 2003 via RPC-over-HTTP?? Needless to say it has been very annoying to have to type in your username/password each time you run Outlook (if you don't want to set up a VPN connection that is).
Oooh, good question. I didn't even try last night from home -- I had given up on that. :| I'll let you know if I try tonight...

Update: it doesn't work - still forgets the password. :evil: :cry:

--janak

Darius Wey
07-29-2004, 05:01 AM
Well I've downloaded. Just waiting to install it! Hopefully, this OneNote business will be good. :D

beq
07-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Oooh, good question. I didn't even try last night from home -- I had given up on that. :| I'll let you know if I try tonight...

Update: it doesn't work - still forgets the password. :evil: :cry:
No way! I can't believe such a visible problem would not have been a priority to fix in the SP!? Especially since Microsoft is always saying how Exchange 2003 finally makes Exchange hosting services a real viable market and all that.

Unbelievable... But thanks Janak for confirming.

Janak Parekh
07-29-2004, 06:34 PM
No way! I can't believe such a visible problem would not have been a priority to fix in the SP!? Especially since Microsoft is always saying how Exchange 2003 finally makes Exchange hosting services a real viable market and all that.
I don't know. :cry: I'll see if I can ask an Exchange MVP in my spare time (although I don't have a lot of that as of this moment).

Unbelievable... But thanks Janak for confirming.
I hope it's not some stupid little setting both of us are missing. I tried both Basic and NTLM auth; actually, Basic doesn't even have the save password checkmark.

--janak