View Full Version : Pocket Inbox: problems sorting emails by date

hdsalinas
07-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I am having problems sorting emails by date within a POP3 account that I created in pocket inbox. This is my ISP email account and although I am able to receive emails and attachments, all my new emails appears halfway through the list in my inbox. (sorted by date not by “Subject” or “from”)

Yesterday I received an email sent July 26, 2004 but in my pocket inbox it appears as if it was sent on July 6, 2004. But when I open this email, the right date is displayed in the header. I always sort my emails by date and I like my new incoming emails to appear on top, but now they always appear somewhere in the middle.

Right now I have it set to download all my emails, (they are only like 42) but that does not work. I tried setting it so that it only downloads emails from the past 7 or 15 days, but since it has been more than 15 days since July 7 my emails disappear as soon as they are downloaded.

I checked my time and regional settings and they are fine. Outlook on my desktop has no problems sorting this email account by date. I don’t have any other email applications or plugins installed. I have even formatted my pocketpc several times but nothing seems to help.

Does anyone know a possible solution?

Jason Dunn
07-27-2004, 05:39 PM
Pocket Inbox is not a good product. :-( I hate to say that, because I know the people at Microsoft who worked on it, but I use it a lot and find myself disliking it more and more. So many bugs, so many flaws.

My suggestion:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/p_webismail.php

Give that app a try and I think you'll find it to be greatly superior to Pocket Inbox in most ways. It's still a little rough around the edges, but overall it's a good tool for email.