View Full Version : SD card issues

timcross
07-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Anyone have any issues with SanDsik 256 MB SD cards? On my V37 with PPC2000, I had no issues listening to MP3s on the card while doing other things on the ppc.

After I upgraded to 2003, it kept locking up on me. I swapped the SanDisk out for a Lexar 256 MB and this one works great. I ran across a Dell Axim site about SD memory probs and I think they have the same issues. Cards from China or Taiwan have issues with PDAs where the cards from Japan (like Lexar) work fine.

I ordered the SanDisk wifi/256MB card and hope I don't run into the same problems.

Brad Adrian
07-27-2004, 04:07 PM
I have had trouble with SanDisk SD cards, as have many other people. I've used several other brands, and they nearly all perform better than SanDisk. SanDisk's cards are, IMO, very unreliable.

dean_shan
07-27-2004, 04:19 PM
Anyone have any issues with SanDsik 256 MB SD cards?

No but I had problems with their 128 model. Had to send it back to them to get a new one.

Jeff Rutledge
07-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Anyone have any issues with SanDsik 256 MB SD cards?

I was using mine for almost a year without a problem. Then one day when traveling, I powered on my PPC and all of a sudden the SD card wasn't recognized. I ended up having to format it and reinstall everything. It was "just one of those things" I guess but it was quite a pain to rebuild it.