View Full Version : I REALLY NEED HELP WITH TOSHIBA e400 - ROM UPDATE

sfantin
07-27-2004, 05:54 AM
I really need some help with it.

I just bought an e400 and the ROM image that came with it, is in french, and I need to change it to english.

I've downloaded from Toshiba's site both the original ROM file (windows mobile 2003) and the update to windows mobile 2003SE, but everytime that I try to update it says that I can't do it, because the language is diferente from the language that is installed on the PDA.

I read on the forum that if you insert the line "-xlng" on the flash.exe tool that comes with the update that it would ignore the language and install it anyway, but once again it does not seem to happen, because when I try to do it, it shows a message: "uncceptable language".

If someone knows how to do it please help me.

I'm really unable to use it in french!

SLUG
07-30-2004, 11:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken I believe there is a way to load it from the SD card. I'm assuming the boot rom will load fine, but loading the NK.bin file won't work. To get around this you will need to copy the NK.BIN file from your desktop PC to the SD card using a binary file writer (That can be found at www.xda-developers.com in ther forum section). Then reset the device holding the two buttons mentioned in the upgrade guide, you then see a menu appear allowing you to replace the NK.BIN in your flash ROM with the new NK.BIN in your SD Card. Hope this helps.

sfantin
07-31-2004, 03:17 PM
Thanks a lot man!

I've not tryed this yet but as soon as i get it done I'll let you know!

Rds!

sfantin
07-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Slug, sorry but I could not find anything related to it, on the forum.

All was related to XDA's ..

I only need a way to install a new bootloader so I can install a new rom.

That's because when I update the image to either version WM2003 or WM2003SE it has to be done, through the USB connection.

The bootloader screen on my e400 displays: "USB Download Image" then all the errors that I've talked about previously.

I don't know what to do.

Sorry if it seems so DUMMY, but I've tryed everything I could.

SLUG
08-02-2004, 10:03 PM
So it's failing to install the boot.bin file? If it's giving you there error at that point, I'm not sure what else to do, the SD card method was used on the XDA's to change the boot.bin file to whatever was needed. Unfortunantly for all E400 users I don't think there is a way to change the language unless a method can be found to modify the boot.bin file to accept any language. Sorry :(

sfantin
08-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Well, seems that i got stuck with this one.

I'll try to sell it and then get another one but this time in english.

Thanks for the support!

Rds!