View Full Version : Help - Syncing Outlook and Lotus Notes on one PPC

rstricke1
07-26-2004, 09:37 PM
:?: I support a user who would like to sync his personal contact info, calendar, etc (MS Outlook) and his Work contact info, calendar etc (lotus Notes) with his Pocket PC.

We currently use mNotes to sync with lotus Notes. It seems to work well so far. I'm not familiar with a method of syncing work and personal sources on one device while maintaining a distinction in the data.

I would greatly appreciate any helpful feedback or first hand experience with similar situations.

baker
07-27-2004, 12:25 AM
You're off to a good start with mNotes. I've been using it for about a year, it's great and I sync Outlook @ home & Lnotes @ work. Download their user manual and read through their faqs. You can specify in mNotes different address books to sync and it will ask you to name a category for that address book. But, you're using the same database on your PPC. Outlook let's you specify what categories not to sync. mNotes generates a No Notes Sync category for use. You keep things separate via categories ... but all data is in the same "place" on the PPC. Well, eMail can be kept separate. For the use of categories, search PPCThoughts for an old Ed Hansberry article on categories. Sync @ home with AS.

edit: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8034&highlight=categories+outlook