View Full Version : Java 2 Runtime for Pocket PCs???

kahchong
07-26-2004, 12:12 PM
I am currently having a HP IPAQ h4150 and I would like to know if there is any java 2 runtime (JVM) software in the market for the pocket pcs.

I notice that when you use the ppc Pocket IE to access the internet, some websites that contained java applets can not be viewed on it.
Hope you will help me solve this critical problem.

Kah Chong.

Darius Wey
07-26-2004, 01:23 PM
One of NetFront's installation packages contains Java in it. With this, you can run more Java than you can poke a stick at! :wink:

Darius Wey
07-26-2004, 01:40 PM
Kah Chong, I'll quote from your locked post about Pocket IE full-screen as I think you should know why Steve locked your post and why we don't support illegal activity:

But since it is a shareware with limits, the software finally expires and I can't run anymore!
Anyone here have any MultiIE software registation code to share with me?

No Kah Chong, we don't support this kind of thinking. Companies provide us with quality applications because, us, as PPCs consumers, support them by paying for software that we would like to use. As tempting as it is to be sharing registration keys around to save a few bucks on your part, I don't think it's morally (and legally) correct, and if you really like MultiIE, you should buy it. For the small price you pay, you will get what you want knowing that you supported the company in what they do and that you have a legimitate copy of the full version of the software. 8)

Also, recommend me some useful freeware ppc software that can make the Pocket IE full-screen as well as extra features like saving pictures.

It's not freeware, but Pocket Plus by Spb is worth considering as an investment if you want to spiff your PPC up a bit. Aside from the full screen capabilities and picture saving, it can do a vast array of other neat stuff as you would have probably read in its reviews.

Ok, now that I felt I had to settle that, back to the topic. :D