View Full Version : MDI Forms

Stig
07-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Is there a way that one can develop a pocket pc 2003 app that makes use of mdi forms(parent and child) i think i have seen an artical on it but looking now i can't find it again.

Kowalski
07-25-2004, 06:32 PM
mdi on pocketpc?!
i am looking forward to see if this is true!

Stig
07-26-2004, 09:55 AM
There is a code sample on microsoft but it uses C++ i think but i have not done any C so it looks like greek to me. It does not exactly use MDI forms but close

Here the link is http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/netcfuiframework.asp

Kowalski
07-27-2004, 09:57 AM
i dont think that this link is about the subject we are talking

Stig
07-28-2004, 07:39 AM
Well what i am talking about(or i hope so) is that i want to be able to have a main form and then when i open the next form it will open it but will still be seen as being one application so that if i exit on any of the forms it will close the whole app. Normal windows apps that i have worked on used mdiparent and mdichild type properties(i can't remeber that much i did it awhile ago) .The link is what i am thinking about but i don't know how to do it in VB

jeisner
08-30-2004, 05:33 AM
If you are talking VB.NET the Compact Framework does NOT support MDI Forms, I wish it did, but there are a lot of things I wish CF did.... LOL

This may help you?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/netcfuiframework.asp

humbletim
08-30-2004, 08:49 AM
Is there a way that one can develop a pocket pc 2003 app that makes use of mdi forms(parent and child) i think i have seen an artical on it but looking now i can't find it again.

MDI on PocketPC is an evil path which should be avoided.

You can try creating a document factory and then add the hooks for Doc/Frame/View management across your classes, mucking with the MFC internals to do a pseudo-MFC style MDI.

Remember that CView and some other MFC classes are on the heap, so don't be surprised when their destructors "{ delete this; }", like I was. ;)

-t