View Full Version : wireless problem on 4150

outdoor
07-24-2004, 03:45 AM
hey all..

for some reason i cannot access my inbox or browse PIE through my 4150 anymore, even though it says its connected to my wireless network.
Usually a soft reset will make things back to normal, but this time no matter how many resets i did it still didn't work. I have a linksys router and WEP on.

Any ideas?? Please help!

christak
07-24-2004, 04:18 AM
Get vxUtil and vxIPconfig from this site... They will help diagnose the problem...

http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/networkutils.htm

8)

Steven Cedrone
07-24-2004, 04:24 AM
Go back to basics: turn off WEP. If you have MAC filtering enabled, disable it. If you have SSID broadcast off, turn it on...

See if you can connect...

Steve

outdoor
07-24-2004, 08:23 AM
thanks for the help guys...

i tried disabling WEP and it worked.... but when i turned it back on it doesnt work again. (i double checked the inputs for the wep keys on both ipaq and router)... is there anyway i can connect properly and have wep on??

christak, you know if the vxutil and vxipconfig works on 4150?? i have a feeling it only works on older versions of windows mobile. thanks!

outdoor
07-24-2004, 10:42 AM
one other thing: have any of 4150 users experience slow connecting progress to your access point? it always takes me 20-30 seconds for my ipaq to connect to my router, even if its 2 meters away from me. (meaning a disconencted "icon indicator" to a "connected icon indicator" in the toolbar)

thanks!

Damion Chaplin
08-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Hey Outdoor,

Just FYI, my 4155 also takes 20-30 seconds to connect to my access point - even if I'm 4 feet in front of it. I figure a device this small and it's connecting to my access point? I'll wait for half a minute. 8)

Sven Johannsen
08-02-2004, 12:19 AM
you know if the vxutil and vxipconfig works on 4150?? i have a feeling it only works on older versions of windows mobile. thanks!

Yes they do. In fact they even work fine on my WM2003SE X30.

outdoor
08-02-2004, 02:31 PM
thanks for the replies guys.

I have just found out that if WEP is enabled, it will take the ipaq longer to actually get "connected" (showing a two connected arrows)... if WEP is disabled my ipaq connects within 5 seconds!

Its kind of weird my ipaq can sometimes connect to my AP even if i disabled SSID broadcast. The only thing that it wouldnt work is when I used it and connect to other APs, then it fails to recognize my own AP. I then have to go through all the hassle by enabling and disabling ssid. :(

but in general, things work great without WEP on.. thanks guys!