View Full Version : Changing the default input method killed my PPC

Jacob
07-23-2004, 04:37 PM
Last night I decided to switch from Calligrapher to Fitaly for a while.

I had fitaly loaded and went into options and set it as my default input method.

I reset the device and the screen went completely white and hung. If I turned the device off then on.. the device screen went black and never came back. The one thing I didn't remember to do was to set Calligrapher to not load on startup.

Now, to make it even worse, I did a hard reset and tried to restore my most recent daily backup and it hangs on "shutting down processes". The backup says it's a trial - even though it was created with a fully purchased copy of Sprite PocketBackup.

SOOO.. I'm stuck with NO working backup!!! ARGH!!!

Steven Cedrone
07-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Your backup was a self extracting file? Try to soft reset and reinstall. Also, if you have the same problem again, try to contact Sprite...

Steve

Kowalski
07-23-2004, 04:55 PM
what a shame

Badandy
07-23-2004, 05:17 PM
This actually happened to me with Sprite Backup, and ALL 3 of my Sprite Backup's failed! I was so mad.

Jacob
07-23-2004, 07:06 PM
what a shame

Well, thanks for your condolences... I guess.

Your backup was a self extracting file? Try to soft reset and reinstall. Also, if you have the same problem again, try to contact Sprite...

I'll have to contact Sprite. This happened with three self-extracting backups from the past three days.

I'll also have to try to see what this conflict is between Calligrapher and Fitaly.. hmm..