View Full Version : Soft reset cleared memory!

Sushifiend3000
07-23-2004, 04:30 PM
Two days ago my X5 started hanging a lot so I backed up the data and did a hard reset. First time since I've owned it; I was about overdue. I reinstalled everything and enjoyed a bit snappier performance. Last night it froze again (streaming MP3 via PocketMusic while posting a LiveJournal entry on the web site), so I did a soft reset and reached for a glass of water. Then I heard the alarm sound, so I looked at the screen and the thing had done a hard reset! Everything was gone. I had just synced so no data loss, but man... gotta reinstall everything again.

Don't mind the reinstall, but why did this happen and how do I prevent it? It was a pretty severe freeze, so I held the soft reset button in for a couple of seconds. That shouldn't do it though, should it? Luckily I was at home and not on a job. I just don't want it to happen again. Anyone know how that could happen?

dlangton
07-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Sounds as though you have some serious conflicts - running incompatible software simultaneously.

CoreyJF
07-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Was the backup battery charged?

Jason Dunn
07-23-2004, 08:01 PM
That's ultra-strange....things like that definitely aren't normal for Pocket PCs of any brand. If it happens again, I think you might have faulty hardware.

shadowac90
07-24-2004, 02:36 AM
mine did that about 2 months ago.... hasn't done it since, although that might be because i have had 4 new ones since.......