View Full Version : No Sound after the upgrade

mesapilot
07-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Hello,

I did the upgrade for a friend and it said that it was successful. However, now his phone will ring and when he answers it there is no sound. Even when he makes calls out it will connect, but there you cannot hear the person on the other end. Anyone else had this problem? If so, did you find a fix for it?

Janak Parekh
07-23-2004, 12:57 AM
First off, please don't crosspost.

I did the upgrade for a friend and it said that it was successful. However, now his phone will ring and when he answers it there is no sound. Even when he makes calls out it will connect, but there you cannot hear the person on the other end. Anyone else had this problem? If so, did you find a fix for it?

I haven't had this problem. Did the upgrade go completely successfully? Did you make sure to adjust the phone volume?

--janak

mesapilot
07-27-2004, 07:44 PM
I apologize for the cross-post. I did not even know I did it. The upgrade did go successfully. It started working a day later and now it is not working again. I am thinking that I will do the upgrade again and see if it fixes the problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Janak Parekh
07-27-2004, 08:21 PM
I assume you did the obvious things like check the headset volume, right? (Make sure to try checking it in the middle of a call.)

Before reflashing, try a hard-reset and see if that helps, as well. (Make sure to sync and/or backup data first!)

--janak

mesapilot
07-31-2004, 02:45 AM
Janak,

Thanks for the help. I did a complete re-install and had the same problem. I had him take it to the Verizon store and they could not figure it out either. This is the first time they have seen the problem also. They are going to give him a brand new phone and flash it for him.

Thanks for the help.

Janak Parekh
07-31-2004, 06:15 AM
Sorry I couldn't be of more help. :( Good luck!

--janak