View Full Version : Bluetooth Gets Out More with Pocket PC Magazine

Jonathon Watkins
07-22-2004, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives/Sep04/bluetooth.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archive...4/bluetooth.asp</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Bluetooth-enabled devices put a massive amount of power in the palm of your hand. With a Pocket PC, cell phone and computer connected via Bluetooth you can manage music, phone lists, and much more from your Pocket PC. All you need are a few low-cost applications to become a Bluetooth power user."</i><br /><br />Pocket PC Magazine has an article up about how to get more out of Bluetooth. They cover wirelessly control desktop PC Windows Media Player from your Pocket PC, Bluetooth chatting and profiling, Bluetooth headset connections, Bluetooth dialling and enabling wireless services. So, if you have got (or about to get) a Bluetooth equipped Pocket PC it's worth popping over to see how to get the most out of your new found powers. :wink:

Zack Mahdavi
07-23-2004, 03:05 AM
I'm a student over here at The University of Texas at Austin. Lately, there's been a lot of signs plastered all over the campus advertising Bluetooth like crazy. On the cover, there's a Dell Axim, some GPS device, some phones, and some headsets that illustrate what bluetooth can be used for.

I'm not sure who's launching these ads, since it doesn't seem to advertise any company in particular. Is it possible that the bluetooth consortium is advertising now?

Duncan
07-23-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure who's launching these ads, since it doesn't seem to advertise any company in particular. Is it possible that the bluetooth consortium is advertising now?

I suspect that BT has just hit critical mass in the US. Here in the UK I just need to walk down a high street to see window after window displaying Bluetooth stuff, PC/technology mags frequently have it on their covers and you can see n-gage and and other ads (billboard and TV) making a big point of having Bluetooth.

I would hazard a guess that enough manufacturers are releasing BT stuff in the US now to make advertising more visible (and students are a good market segment to aim this kind of tech at...).

Jonathon Watkins
07-23-2004, 04:31 PM
I suspect that BT has just hit critical mass in the US.

Has anyone told Ed? :lol:

Here in the UK I just need to walk down a high street to see window after window displaying Bluetooth stuff, PC/technology mags frequently have it on their covers and you can see n-gage and and other ads (billboard and TV) making a big point of having Bluetooth

Very true. The more the merrier. I may even get a BT device some point soon. :wink:

Duncan
07-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Has anyone told Ed?

Shhhhh...! He might not know we're here...! :lol:

ctmagnus
07-23-2004, 09:25 PM
I may even get a BT device some point soon. :wink:

Do it! Do it! You'll have a ball! :bday: (since we lost the other little party guy)

Jonathon Watkins
07-24-2004, 12:43 AM
I may even get a BT device some point soon. :wink:

Do it! Do it! You'll have a ball! :bday: (since we lost the other little party guy)

I'm looking forward to having BT - along with VGA! :mrgreen: