View Full Version : Difficulty charging iPaq 2210

BoyScout
07-22-2004, 06:03 PM
I have been using a USB synch cable to both synchronize and charge my 2210 simultaneously. It has been working beautifully for about 3 months now. However, just last week, the cable will no longer charge the 2210 although it synchs just fine.

Even with the normal charge cable, I find that I have to jockey the connection until it seats just right in order to charge the 2210. Have I damaged the leads in the connector? Is there something else that could be causing this problem?

TIA

ppchaser
07-23-2004, 01:37 AM
I have similar symtom for my 2210 cradle which charge my spare battery not in every time it is in my cradle. I have to put the spare battery in my device then to the cradle in order to charge. The cradle can charge the device but not everytime for the spare battery. I have returned the cradle to HP and they just gave me a new one without saying what's wrong about the cradle. Unfortunately the new cradle comeacross the same symptom after several charging. I have to manually check whether the spare battery really charging everytime I remove it from the cradle. I guess there is some defect of the 2210 cradle.

bnycastro
07-23-2004, 04:20 AM
re: sync/charge cable are you using an original or third party accessory?

anyway my first 2210 I used a third party of lower quality and ended up loosening the contact in the bottom (when I used the orig it would become easily detached) anyway I had this iPAQ replaced so when I got my new iPAQ I used a better sync/charge cable.

re: the cradle I have the same problem! Sometimes the spare would charge sometimes it wouldn't... I try not to use it as much.

BoyScout
07-23-2004, 03:44 PM
Yes, I am using a third party USB synch cable. I do this because the 2210 doesn't fit in the cradle with the hard case. Fortunately, the 2210 still synchs with the USB synch cable and I can usually get the unit to charge with the original charge cable. I'm afraid if I have damaged something, that it will only get worse and at some point, I won't even be able to charge it at all.

Steven Cedrone
07-23-2004, 04:22 PM
When did you purchase your device? Can you send it back and get a replacement (if you have to)???

Steve

Dave Beauvais
07-25-2004, 02:12 AM
I've had charging problems with my h5455 since sometime in January. No cradles work anymore -- I have three, none of which work. The fault is in the iPAQ itself, however, not the cradles. Whenever I hard reset, I must create the partnership with my PC using a USB-to-Ir adapter since the USB connection no longer works, either. If I plug the iPAQ in, Windows XP pops up a USB error bubble stating "Unrecognized USB Device." To charge, I have to use the power adapter by itself, with the iPAQ flat on the desk, and something under the connector to angle the plug up a bit.

I've been putting up with this because I sync via WiFi, not USB; as long as I can charge the device at night, there's nothing else wrong with it. I also wanted to see if CompUSA will be carrying the new models that are coming out shortly so I can use my TAP [PDF] (http://www.compusa.com/media/tap_terms.pdf) to get one of those as a replacement.