View Full Version : Hello :-) Any Mitac Mio 336 users out there???

Iron_Trigger
07-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Hello everyone :D just wanted to say hi!!! I'm new here but I've actually been a reader of PPCT since I first got my 1910 last year. I found a brand new Jornada 568 for sale two months ago for only 100$ so I got one and ditched my 1910 but I eventually replaced the Jornada with a Mitac Mio in just two weeks. Anyways I was just wondering if there are Mitac Mio 336 users out there. Or Mitac users for that matter. This device doesn't seem to popular in the US which is such a shame. It's only 200$ yet it's quite a beauty to behold. The screen is so much better than the 1910's (which I understand is quite popular for it's screen). At the 336's lowest setting, the screen is still brighter than the 1910's at its highest. It is that good 8O It's also very small just like the 1910 :D Everything else about is average at best but I still think it's still a good buy. Hope you 336 users will respond (if there are any) :cry: (I feel so alone)

uzetaab
09-05-2004, 03:19 PM
I'm about to buy A Navman PIN Pocket, which is a Mio 168 in disguise. As far as I can tell, they are virtually the same unit, except for the GPS. although yours is lighter & has a different processor (I have not idea which is faster yet). I actually sell these little toys, so I've had a bit of a play & can't wait to get my own. In fact, I'm becoming obsessive, so I may have to quit this site untill after I buy it. Hmmm, I just had a thought. I might try to convince my wife to let me dip into our savings & get it early, then put the money back again later. I'm off to find my wife.

Iron_Trigger
09-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Yay :D finally, another (future) Mitac user... hope you like the device when you get it.... yup, I've seen the Navman and I think it really is the 168 :)

uzetaab
09-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Oh, it deffinately is. Mitac are a company that do a lot of 're-badging' of their devices. You know how you go into a retail computer chain & they have their own brand alongside the compaq & HP PCs? Well, there's a good chance that their own brand is actually a Mitac. Now that they are making PPC, they are re-badging those too.

mpda
12-16-2004, 10:27 PM
I have a Mitac Mio 338. Wonderful device; thin, light, good screen. I got it for 100 pounds here in the UK. Any other 338 users?