View Full Version : Hmmmm...just wondering...

dazz
07-22-2004, 04:52 AM
I just occured to me that PPCT may have added this forum because they know something we don't. 8O :wink:

Could it be that a manufacturer with the initials HP (oops) contacted someone on the team here to say that a new HPC was coming and they should get a forum up and running???

Just wonderin' 8)

Jonathon Watkins
08-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Sorry, no such luck Dazz. I thought that we have a bunch of folks here who use WCE as well as PPC devices and it would be useful to have a forum to cater for them.

The possibility of new HPC devices did cross my mind, but I don't know anything you don't, unfortunately. :lol:

Still, there are plenty of new WCE 4.2 devices being anounced, with WCE 5.0 to follow, so there's enough to talk about anyway.

dazz
08-08-2004, 04:16 AM
Darn!! :mrgreen:

Oh well. I still think there is a place for the HPC and am hoping to see some it's rebirth.

Thanks for the clarification...I guess. :? :wink:

Jonathon Watkins
08-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Oh well. I still think there is a place for the HPC and am hoping to see some it's rebirth.

Agreed.

I trust you think it's also better to have accurate new than to live in false hope? :wink:

dazz
08-08-2004, 03:15 PM
:D :lol:

Sure, accurate news, but I am going to hold on to my hopes anyway. :wink: There are still companies producing HPC's and possibly we will see more. I am looking forward to seeing the revised Clio!

I think it is only a matter of time before we see some HPC-like devices that run with Windows Mobile 2003SE. I don't think they will be as large as the HPC because the screen res is not as high but they will still have touch typable (is that how you spell that :?: ) keyboards.

While I love using PocketPC's I still use my HPC a LOT for writing reviews, site content, letters, e-mails and more. It is just more convenient than having to break out a foldable keyboard.

Well, who knows what we will see. Obviously, there has to be enough of a market for any device to live on. With HPC having already had a go it is possible that OEM's will be more gun-shy on creating new units that may sit in their warehouses.

Hope lives, even if it proves to be false in the end! :wink: :D