View Full Version : How-to ActiveSync over Wi-Fi

NewiPAQUser
07-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Hello every one. As I have worked on a few PDA Tutorials these days and as I have received a lot of mails asking me to do the same for the ActiveSync over Wi-Fi here it is born the new “How-to ActiveSync over Wi-Fi” as usual the tutorial do not pretend to be a scientific material :mrgreen: it is just the way I do the things. I only hope it can be useful form more people.

http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP/sync/index.htm

Thanks for reading.
Ivan

Steven Cedrone
07-21-2004, 02:30 PM
My only suggestion: since this is a WIFI tutorial, you may want to lose the Bluetooth logo at the top of the tutorial pages... :wink:

NewiPAQUser
08-12-2004, 11:51 AM
Great suggestion I’ll do it. One day :mrgreen: and by the way this is not Tutorial it is Pictorial :mrgreen:

prototype
08-12-2004, 07:43 PM
This tutorial is fine for a scenario with a wireless access point ... but what about syncing over an AD-HOC wireless connection?? How do you do that??

I have a Sony TR series VAIO with built in WiFi.

I have successfully made the connection between the TR and 4155, but when I try to sync they don't see each other.

Anyone ever try this??

-Drew

nepats
08-12-2004, 09:36 PM
I have done this. These are the steps I took to accomplish it:

1) Set Network Adapter on PC to Ad-Hoc
2) Opened ActiveSync
3) Go to File then Connection Settings
4) Checked the box next to "Allow network and Remote Access Service..."
5) Opened up ActiveSync on PPC
6) Click Sync

It works beautifully.

Hope it is just as easy for others but I know different network adapters can cause different problems or conflicts for people.