View Full Version : Mapping Software

Sparks52
07-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Now I know we're talking about PocketPC's here but I figured with so many tech junkies in one place this might be a good place to pose this question.

Does anyone know a navagation software package that is compatabile with TabletPC's?

Cheers.

Darius Wey
07-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I think the same technology that goes behind the Pocket PC's version of Pocket Streets is used in MapPoint. This, I believe, is designed to work on most Windows systems for the PC. Although I could be wrong as I've never tried it before.

http://www.microsoft.com/mappoint/default.mspx

Sven Johannsen
07-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Unless you have money to burn, the MS product would be Streets and Trips (in the US) or Autoroute. MapPoint is an expensive product with a lot of business oriented extensions on top of those other products.

You should take a look at Delorme's Street Atlas as well. Very ful;l featured product. There is a Delorme handheld product that works with it, though it is not included free as Pocket Streets is with S&T. It does have enough features to make it worth buying though.

Note that the Tablet is running Windows XP Pro, so any mapping program that works on that platform will work on a Tablet. I am not aware of any that specifically take advantage of any tablet extensions. You of course use the pen as a mouse and can handwrite find parameters in the SIP.

Sparks52
07-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks a lot for all the help. I forgot to mention I was also hoping to use a GPS with the software will those programs support GPS?