View Full Version : Video Editing on a Pocket PC???

kahchong
07-19-2004, 03:01 PM
There are many thousands of Shareware & Freeware pocket pc software from the internet, but I notice something very strange, no one seems to make a pocket pc software that allows people to create as well as edit videos.

I am currently using a HP IPAQ h4150 pocket pc and I would like to know if there is such a software that can allow us to create and edit videos just like the free Microsoft Windows Movie Maker 2.0 for the Windows XP.

Kah Chong.

Darius Wey
07-19-2004, 03:09 PM
I'm not aware of any out there but then again I haven't searched around for them. But on a side note, good video editing normally requires a powerhouse computer. If you ever see recommended specs for computers used for video editing, you'll notice that the demands on components are very high.

In my opinion, I don't think PPCs yet have the memory or the CPU capability to properly handle such a demand without lags and chugs along the way. You may see video editing apps in a few years time when PPCs become even more powerful.

Jason Dunn
07-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Nothing like this exists yet, largely due to CPU and storage limitations. I wouldn't expect to see something like this for several years.

Now if you're talking about editing low-resolution camera-phone type video, that's closer to reality. muvee made a version of their software for Symbian devices, so it's certainly possible to a limited form of video editing on a mobile platform.