View Full Version : Calling using voice activated for O2 XDA II

PoweriPaq
07-18-2004, 02:07 AM
Is there a program out there for Pocket PC Phone that lets you use voice activation to call someone, that of a regular cellphone could do. I'm surprised it isn't in the built-in feature.

For example, if I want to call my wife, I just say "wife" from my bluetooth headset and then it would call my wife. All hands free. Much appreciate the help.

Janak Parekh
07-18-2004, 02:20 AM
There are several. From what I've heard, Microsoft Voice Command (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/voicecommand/default.mspx) is the best -- I haven't used it, though, because my i700 doesn't have WM2003 (yet). You might want to try several searches to hear other members' opinions on the product, and they have some reviews on their website.

--janak

PoweriPaq
07-18-2004, 03:36 AM
Yes, I forgot about that program. I bought it for my 3955 and it was no use. It wasn't even worth it for 3955 or other PDA that has no phone function in it, at least to me. I uninstall the program on my 3955, and put it on my O2 and the voice activation for calling works. It's great, but too bad I have to press a button and then say it to the microphone of the pda rather than to my bluetooth headset. That's ok, I can live with it.

Thanks Janak