View Full Version : Need a 1910 backup utility . . .

TerryP
07-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Hi:

I can't seem to find or find out how to backup my wife's info (PIM stuff) on her 1910. Is there a download so she can download contacts, dates, etc., to the SD card??

Jason Dunn
07-18-2004, 04:00 AM
It sounds like you want to put the contact/calendar databases onto the SD card? That's not possible - almost everything else can be moved there, but the core databses need to stay on the devices. It's best to install program to the memory card and save the main RAM for the PIM data...

Janak Parekh
07-18-2004, 04:27 AM
Maybe TerryP is just looking for a backup program capable of storing a copy on an SD card in case of an emergency. I noticed one doesn't seem to be built into the 1910 -- if it's not on the CD that came with the 1910 (I don't think it is, but I can't remember 100%), you'll have to purchase a third party program, like Sprite's Pocket Backup (http://www.spritesoftware.com/products/sprite_backup.html), to do this.

--janak

TerryP
07-18-2004, 04:40 AM
You are right Janak. Since I lost all the contacts on my other machine, Dell Axim 5, and then on the desktop when I tried to retrieve the info, I now want to be more secure.

What do you recommend??

Thanks. . .

Janak Parekh
07-18-2004, 04:47 AM
What do you recommend??
Reread my post -- there's a link to Sprite's Pocket Backup. :)

--janak