View Full Version : Can send but not receive SMS. WHY?

mm
07-17-2004, 05:36 AM
Just got back to Seattle from Europe. My pocket pc phone (TMobile XDA1) worked great in Italy, France, and Switzerland and at Heathrow.

But since I went I have not been able to receive SMS messages. I can send and get email and browse the web (GPRS) and I can use the phone without a problem. I can send SMS messages but can not receive any.

Has any one seen this happen and how to fix it? TMobile does not know. Soft reset does not fix it. I have the proper number in the SMS services box.

Janak Parekh
07-17-2004, 06:03 AM
The SMSC number is only for sending, I believe.

Anyway - is it possible that your SMS box is "clogged" somehow? If you have another phone, try swapping the SIM into it -- that would be a debugging step. Otherwise, I'd call your carrier (T-Mobile?)

--janak

mm
07-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Tmobile 3rd level referred it to their engineers. Swapping sim to another phone works. SO does hard reset and reinstall all programs. Hard reset and restore does not. Multiple attempts. Why did this occur?

Janak Parekh
07-18-2004, 07:45 PM
Sounds like there's something corrupted in the Pocket PC's messaging database -- or an application is causing conflicts. I'm afraid you'll probably find a hard reset + reinstall to be easier than debugging it. :|

--janak

cyclist
08-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Tmobile 3rd level referred it to their engineers. Swapping sim to another phone works. SO does hard reset and reinstall all programs. Hard reset and restore does not. Multiple attempts. Why did this occur?

I've seen this a few times. There's a bug in restoring SMS. The only way I know round it on my XDA1 is to hard restore everything except SMS - Sprite Backup will do this, Active Sync won't.