View Full Version : Radar Scanner & PPC

tvos
07-17-2004, 02:41 AM
Does anyone know if there is a software/hardware gizmo that works with a PPC for a radar scanner from the piggly wiggles?

tvos

Kati Compton
07-17-2004, 05:15 AM
I think we need a LITTLE more info before we can answer that one.

'Cause now I'm thinking of piglets being pulled over for going over the limit.

Janak Parekh
07-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Or Pony99CA for that matter. ;)

(If you mean "cops" -- incidentally, that term is not used in the Northeast US, at least -- I've not heard of any interfaceable radio scanners. But maybe Pony has. :P)

--janak

Kati Compton
07-17-2004, 05:22 AM
Or Pony99CA for that matter. ;)

(If you mean "cops" -- incidentally, that term is not used in the Northeast US, at least -- I've not heard of any interfaceable radio scanners. But maybe Pony has. :P)
It SO messes with my head to see a pig and think "Pony". But that's off-topic. I think. Maybe.

Back to the original poster - do you mean Piggly Wiggly, the store? Or were you referring to police using the "pig" epithet?

tvos
07-17-2004, 05:22 AM
you guys know what i mean and i was trying to have a little fun...

anyways, any ideas on this of there's a hardware attachment or software for a ppc to act as a radar detector?

tvos

Kati Compton
07-17-2004, 05:24 AM
you guys know what i mean and i was trying to have a little fun...
Not quite, as there are grocery stores called Piggly Wiggly.

But anyway - not that *I've* heard of, and I don't believe we've ever covered anything like that here.

Jereboam
07-17-2004, 10:28 AM
No, there is no such app, but if you use Tom Tom Navigator with GPS then there is a free add on called CheckPOIint which will warn you of approaching "points of interest". There is a database of fixed speed trap locations in the UK that you can load up, I don't know if you guys use fixed speed cameras in the US. I think that's the closest thing to what you are after.

J'bm