View Full Version : ACCESS announces NetFront 3.2

Darius Wey
07-16-2004, 12:14 PM
On July 7, ACCESS, announced the availability of NetFront 3.2.

NetFront v3.2 contains an integrated set of advanced technologies, including Rapid-Render™, a sophisticated incremental rendering technology that dramatically accelerates the presentation of Web pages, and Smart-Fit Rendering™, a rendering technology that intelligently renders Web pages to fit the screen width of mobile devices. Also included is NetFront Dynamic Menu™, a sophisticated user interface (UI) framework that enables the dynamic delivery of advanced mobile services over-the-air (OTA), providing end-users with continually refreshed menus and content, and a mobile Internet experience that is dramatically more compelling than today’s static content. NetFront v3.2 also supports Macromedia Flash and XTHML+Voice. In total, NetFront v3.2 provides handset manufacturers and mobile operators a distinct market advantage with advanced features and technologies that power new services and significantly benefit end-users.

Read more here: http://www.access-us-inc.com/news_releases/20040707a.html

surur
07-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Announced, but not available for download yet.

:(

Surur

Darius Wey
07-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Announced, but not available for download yet.

Yes, that is usually the case with big announcements. There's usually a gap of a few days between announcement and availability. I remember this happening when Cerience announced RepliGo 2.0.

thendless
07-16-2004, 06:06 PM
w00t I'm excited! I cant wait for 3.2! I sent them a huge emails with noteworthy enhancements a month ago but never received a response, I hope they took my mail to heart and tried implementing some of those features.

Janak Parekh
07-16-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah - we got this as news, but I decided to hold off until there was an actual download binary available. I emailed the PR contact asking, but got no response. :|

--janak

Chucky
07-17-2004, 04:18 AM
A bit off topic, but I didn't think it was worth making a new topic for.

I emailed the Thunderhawk team about some changes that I would like, the key one being the delay everytime you scroll, they said that Thunderhawk 2.0 would be out sometime relatively soon and would have a lot of new features, the key one being downloading the entire page to the PDA so you can scroll or whatever just like any other browser, only with Thunderhawks sweet rendering technology. Coupled with a VGA screen you have a match made in heaven ;)

Janak Parekh
07-17-2004, 05:47 AM
A bit off topic, but I didn't think it was worth making a new topic for.
Great info! I'm looking forward to it -- maybe it'll reinvigorate my Thunderhawk use. Did they mention VGA support at all?

--janak

Chucky
07-17-2004, 05:58 AM
I did mention it, but no they gave no word on it. I imagine they would, although there is the possibility that it would come at a extra price :(