View Full Version : MSN MEssenger probs on 4150

squiggs1982
07-16-2004, 02:43 AM
Hmmm... Hi guys. I recently installed the 4150 rom update and, it's the only thing I can link it to, ever since, I've been unable to connect to MSN messenger. It brings up the dialogue "Logon to MSN messenger service failed because the password is incorrect or the login name does not exist. Enter the correct user name and password and try agian. If the problem continues, contact MSN."

This is most recent incarnation of MSN for WM2003 and worked fine until just after the rom update. Can't be sure it's related cos I don't use MSN on PPC that much. Only other possibility is I recently purchased the micro keyboard.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled MSN, but to no avail. Any suggestons would be appreciated!

TIA
Adrian

Darius Wey
07-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Have you tried installing the MSN Messenger update found on the Microsoft Windows Mobile website?

squiggs1982
07-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi. Yeah. Already had it installed, so I uninstalled it and downloaded again to check it was the most recent update. Still no change. :(
I can log in from my desktop with no difficulty using the same un and pw. :?

Darius Wey
07-16-2004, 10:12 AM
That is strange. I can still use MSN after my ROM update but that's on the h1940. The only other thing I can think of is to make sure you haven't got some sort of firewall blocking the port, but if your PC can access it fine, then I'm sure this is not the case. Or make sure that you typed your UN and PW 100% correctly...but I'm sure you've done that already :D !

squiggs1982
07-16-2004, 12:54 PM
:D Sadly, yes! Username and PW 100% checked! Really not sure what's going on!

Darius Wey
07-16-2004, 01:03 PM
Perhaps you could try a third-party IM application and see if you can access your MSN account from there. If it works, then no doubt it's probably an issue with the MSN Messenger application itself, but if it doesn't work on the third-party application, I'd be looking somewhere at the ports opened up via your connection.

squiggs1982
07-16-2004, 01:10 PM
yeah, that's a good idea. Although I'm not that hopeful, as it doesn't work from my GPRS connection either. But I'll give it a shot and let you know! Thanks!

Darius Wey
07-16-2004, 01:30 PM
No problem. Some programs you can try are VeriChat and Odigo. There's also another popular one but I can't remember the name of it. 8)

Frantic Ferret
07-16-2004, 06:24 PM
Agile is good and connects to AOL, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and Jabber.

www.agilemobile.com/agile_messenger.html