View Full Version : 4150 Battery Drain

CorysWorld
07-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Hello,

I have a iPaq 4150 and the battery has been draining very fast. It was fully charged yesterday, I turned it on this afternoon and the battery was dead. I am afraid I will need a new battery. Has anyone else experience this problem. I do not want to buy a new battery if that is not the problem.

FYI

Thanks,

Janak Parekh
07-16-2004, 12:27 AM
When did this start happening? There's a possibility a third-party application may be keeping your iPAQ awake.

--janak

Sven Johannsen
07-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Also check on the Settings/Personal/Buttons Lock Tab. If these two check boxes aren't checked then any button press, 4 app buttons or record on the side, will turn on the 4150. Once on, any screen touch will keep it on.

In a SENA case, in my wife's purse, her's was constantly running out of juice. Sometimes in less than a day without her using it much. (thank goodness for backups) I checked those two boxes and she has gone a couple of days now and hardly lost any power.

Don't know how you carry yours or if it is in a case or not, but this is something to look at. Incidentally she had no problems when the thing was in an aluminum hard case either. It's pretty clear it was inadvertant button and screen pushing that kept the thing running till it ran out.

CorysWorld
07-16-2004, 04:40 AM
I have the all the lock buttons checked.

The only apps the I have installed is Journal Bar, Battery Pack, and List Pro.

Last night I upgraded my 4150 to the new ROM and today the battery was dead. However I have noticed quick power drain before the ROM update starting a few weeks ago. I will leave it off the cradle tonight to see what happens.

Thanks,

jweisz
07-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Also be sure you deactivate WiFi and Bluetooth when you're not using them, otherwise they continually search for a connection & suck down the battery.

CorysWorld
07-16-2004, 04:16 PM
If the device is in standby will it still power the Wi-Fi??

baker
07-16-2004, 04:17 PM
You need to go to Start, Ipaq Wireless and turn off the bluetooth and wlan. You could also go to start, settings, connections, beam and make sure the ir is off.

jweisz
07-16-2004, 05:30 PM

I have seen mine do that - particularly if I hit the "Power" button while ActiveSync is working via WiFi.

Janak Parekh
07-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Not typically, but if the device turns on for some reason, network activity may cause it to not go back to sleep.

--janak

CorysWorld
07-19-2004, 03:56 AM
thanks,

My battery life seems to be working now but some days it will drain fast. I will take use every suggestion offered here.

Thanks again