View Full Version : Toshiba e805 Cases

DiGiTYZED
07-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Which is a better case for the Toshiba e805; Vaja or Sena???

Pros & cons please

TIA

Vaja - http://www.vajacases.com/images/pda/toshiba/e800/e800.htm
Sena - http://www.senacases.com/cart/customer/home.php?cat=290

davis77
07-14-2004, 06:26 PM
I doubt many people by both cases so you will be hard pressed to get a side by side comparision.

I have the Sena caswe and am well pleased with the hand crafted workmanship. I have instant access to all features of my E805 without having to take it out of the case. Its a beautiful leather design with two magnets holding the screen cover down to protect the screen. I like the hole in the top so that I can have the screen protected in my car yet still have an earphone plugged in and listen to music.

Overall it was definitly worth the price for it.

What have you discovered featurewise that makes one better than the other? I like being able to stick my E805 into the hotsync cradle without having to remove it from the case. I'm not sure if you can do that with Vaja or not.

Trifaldar
07-14-2004, 06:37 PM
I prefer the CoverTec case. I have it in a beautiful mahogany leather, and it's simply stunning.

I think it has two distinct advantages over the other two cases you are considering:

1. With the belt clip, it is the least expensive by five dollars.
&
2. It is the only case that accepts the extended battery for the E-805.

Good luck!

davis77
07-14-2004, 06:41 PM
This is cool. PocketPCTools has a timely review of the Sena case today.
Maybe it will help answer some of your questions.

http://www.pocketpctools.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid2=1105&mode=&order=0&thold=0

DiGiTYZED
07-15-2004, 02:53 AM
Well, what about ease of use and comfortibility when using the PDA in the cases? Does it add more bulk (the device itself is bulky enuff).

Is it easy to slip in and out the cases?

pmgibson
07-20-2004, 03:43 PM
I have the CoverTec case and the Sena case. I ordered the Covertec case when I ordered the e800 because I knew it didn't come with one and I knew I'd need one and Mobile Planet sold both.

Then I ordered the Sena case because there are features of it that I liked better than the Covertec.

1. Covertec is bulkier than Sena -- definitely cannot sync while e800 is in case.

2. I prefer the magnet closure of the Sena than the snap around closure on the back of the Covertec.

3. The sides on the Sena come all the way to the top; those on the Covertec don't. I've already got a scratch on the silver paint on one side of the e800 and I've only had the thing for a week.

One nice thing about the Covertec is the belt clip. You can remove the button if you want to use it without the belt clip so you don't have something sticking out the back. I'm keeping the Covertec case because there are a few times when I would like to carry it on my belt. I ordered the Sena without belt clip because most of the time I carry it in my purse.

About syncing while in the case -- does anyone have any tips on this? I can get mine to connect if I press it really hard into the cradle. However, it tends not to stay connected. It looks as though it is (blue light on bottom of cradle is on) but if I check AS it's not.

Kevin C. Tofel
07-20-2004, 03:58 PM
About syncing while in the case -- does anyone have any tips on this? I can get mine to connect if I press it really hard into the cradle. However, it tends not to stay connected. It looks as though it is (blue light on bottom of cradle is on) but if I check AS it's not.

I would try the plastic support piece in the cradle both in the "P1" slot and the "P2" slot to see which is better. I find that if the plastic is in the front slot, I get a better fit between the Tosh and the cradle.....it's probably a matter of personal preference though....

KCT

pmgibson
07-20-2004, 07:26 PM
I'll try it again, but I wasn't even able to put the PPC in the cradle with the plastic piece in the front slot. Too thick with the addition of the back of the case.

Lotto
07-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I had a Vaja case for my old pda (casio e115)...absolutely loved it. Looks very professional, it is padded which does increase the bulk a little bit, but the protection it provides is awesome. It smells great out of the box, has an awesome fit, and molds well to the pda. It is very comfortable to hold, and did sync in the cradle with the case on. The first try may not work, but after a second try or so, it is easy and second nature. I notice the e805 case does not have the magnetic closure, which I myself prefer. I don't like the idea of constantly pressing one spot to snap it closed, nor the latch dangling when I have it open.

Because of this I went for a Sena case for my e805. The Sena case is also very well made, leather smells good out of the box (but nothing like the Vaja did). It fits like a glove, is not bulky at all, fits well in the hand, and looks very handsome. It does have the magnetic closure, access to all buttons (except can't view the charging light). The hard reset button is under a flap that is easily lifted if needed, yet stops you from accidentally pushing it. I have a little more difficulty syncing in the cradle, but it does work...I fear this is the Toshiba having trouble seating itself, more than the case actually getting in the way. I tend to sync wirelessly most of the time now. My only pet peeve with the Sena is the corners are bare. If you should drop your pda the Sena offers no protection to the corners of the pda.

Sena is quite a bit cheaper than the Vaja though for the protection, if Vaja was available with the magnetic closure, I would have gladly paid for it, I was that impressed with it. You need to decide for yourself which closure you prefer, how much bulk/protection you need.

Both really excellent cases, IMHO.

rob_ocelot
07-21-2004, 11:44 PM
I'll just chime in and say that I'm considering selling my Vaja e800 case, though not because I dont like it but because I find the Innopocket aluminum case suits my needs better.

PM me if anyone is interested

DiGiTYZED
07-22-2004, 10:20 PM
how useful are these belt clips on all these models???

i'd imagine a 5 inch long PDA would be uncomfortable on the hip. Unless there's a certain way you should wear it?

Kati Compton
07-23-2004, 06:54 AM
I think the bright blue Vaja case is SWEET. I'm trying to convince Janak to buy it for his PPC. :twisted:

DiGiTYZED
07-23-2004, 06:10 PM
i think i'mma go with the all black sena case

thanx for ya'll inputs

Kevin C. Tofel
07-27-2004, 08:33 PM
I'll try it again, but I wasn't even able to put the PPC in the cradle with the plastic piece in the front slot. Too thick with the addition of the back of the case.

I just found out a new "secret" today that is helping my Tosh & Sena fit better in the cradle. Put the plastic support piece in the back slot, but FLIP the piece so that it backwards. It still fits the slot, but now the Tosh & Sena fit like a GLOVE in the cradle because it moves up the support piece by about a 1/4".

KCT