View Full Version : PPCT T-Shirts

dean_shan
07-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Althought Ryan has came up with a shirt (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=262416) it would be nice if there was an offical PPCT T-Shirt. One with the logo and the cost of the shirt would go to the hosting bill. We have the mini-light so Jason, when can we buy T-Shirts?

Pat Logsdon
07-14-2004, 01:55 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I think it would be awesome to get an OQO Thoughts shirt from April Fool's this year. :mrgreen:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/images/avatars/1093834544406c2f0434d44.gif

A PPCT shirt would be equally awesome. :D

Zack Mahdavi
07-14-2004, 02:01 AM
I think that's a great idea, but it has to look cool, in a ThinkGeek kind of way. :)

OSUKid7
07-14-2004, 02:17 AM
Yeah, I'd definitely consider a small embroidered PPCT logo t-shirt. :) Sounds like a subscriber discount if I've ever heard of one. ;)

dean_shan
07-14-2004, 02:27 AM
I think that's a great idea, but it has to look cool, in a ThinkGeek kind of way. :)

Yes that's what I had in mind.

Brad Adrian
07-14-2004, 04:39 AM
Stay tuned. A while back, we looked into having shirts made, but there weren't enough people interested in them to make it worthwhile. Now, though, it seems like we might have the proper critical mass.

OSUKid7
07-14-2004, 04:44 AM
Stay tuned. A while back, we looked into having shirts made, but there weren't enough people interested in them to make it worthwhile. Now, though, it seems like we might have the proper critical mass.
:way to go:
Wohoo! Critical mass!! :mrgreen: :wink:

dean_shan
07-14-2004, 04:51 AM
I sense a front-page poll.

Jason Dunn
07-14-2004, 06:05 AM
Well, the truth is that I'm waiting for Fabrizio to free up some time to design some sweet graphics for the shirts. :-) We actually have a Café Press store already, almost a year old, but I wasn't happy with my graphic design skills and the way the products turned out.

So, it's coming, but not yet. Hopefully within the next 90 days or so...but no promises. I really want to do it right and have some great-looking stuff.

Kowalski
07-14-2004, 10:16 AM
i am looking forward to get one.
but arfter 90 days or more, will we be able to wear t-shirts?
in my country the summer we have 1 or 2 mouths left to wear t-shirts, then winter comes :|

Steven Cedrone
07-14-2004, 02:52 PM
i am looking forward to get one.
but arfter 90 days or more, will we be able to wear t-shirts?
in my country the summer we have 1 or 2 mouths left to wear t-shirts, then winter comes :|

We'll just have to make sure Jason does sweatshirts as well! :wink:

Steve

Ryan Joseph
07-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Whoa, there's this whole t-shirt discussion going on that I didn't even know about! How did that happen? 8O

Anyway, my post was mostly to highlight the coolness of that site's design system and to say that if anyone wanted to go together to order a small quantity, I'd like to be a part of it.

Also, my design was just a sample. I threw that together to try out the site's system. It was by no means a final product. :wink:

If we all want official t-shirts made, I'd gladly volunteer to make a cooler design. But I don't want to step on anyone's toes, so if someone else is involved in that decision, I'll gladly stay out of it.

Just let us know if anything official is going to be done, because if not, I'll design one for those of us who want to buy it ourselves. :mrgreen:

Kati Compton
07-14-2004, 09:57 PM
I wear t-shirts in winter. I have a coat. :P

dean_shan
07-15-2004, 01:17 AM
I wear t-shirts in winter. I have a coat. :P

I wear T-Shirts in the Winter. Who needs a coat? :P

shawnc
07-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Whether it's this thread or the other, I just want a really cool t-shirt with a small, discretely placed PPCT logo on it.

Just let me know when, where, and how much.

Ryan Joseph
07-15-2004, 02:47 AM
Just let me know when, where, and how much.

Well said. My feelings exactly. Which is why I was trying to spearhead something. But I doubt I could use the PPCT logo itself without violating some copyright laws.

But maybe Canada's laws are different...I should try stealing the logo and see what happens. :lol: (Joking, of course)

Jason Dunn
07-15-2004, 05:18 AM
Ryan, contact me via email and we'll talk more about this. I'm interested in seeing it done, but I want the clothing to look good. So I'm more than a little picky about it... :wink:

Kowalski
07-15-2004, 08:57 AM
But I doubt I could use the PPCT logo itself without violating some copyright laws.
think of it, a police officer says you violate the laws and force to take out your shirt on your way down to the work :)
i will try out something for myself and when i do, i'll put a picture of it
but it would be nice if i had a bigger logo other than the one sits upper left corner with a bigger resolution. Jason?
BTW is there a problem if i try out some for myself?

substring
07-15-2004, 11:15 PM
If there is an official PPCT T-shirt, I will buy it. Just post it when it is ready for sales.

By the way, put something funny on the back like "have you hugged your PocketPC today?"

Thanks.

Kowalski
07-16-2004, 09:20 PM
i prefer a simple and classic design. only a tiny logo on my left chest.

ctmagnus
07-17-2004, 04:39 AM
I kinda like the back of Ryan Joseph's design (http://customink.com/cink/r.jsp?E=ryan%40pocketpcthoughts.com&F=wbic).

ctmagnus
07-17-2004, 04:41 AM
i prefer a simple and classic design. only a tiny logo on my left chest.

You have two chests? How many arms do you have?

;)

Steven Cedrone
07-17-2004, 05:16 AM
I think it should have a pocket! A blue shirt (of course) maybe with the 'Thoughts" logo on it, and above the pocket: "W?BIC!"

And on the back: (large)"Why? Because I can!" and underneath: (a little smaller)"PocketPCThoughts.com"

Just my .02!

Steve

Kati Compton
07-17-2004, 05:18 AM
I think it should have a pocket! A blue shirt (of course) maybe with the 'Thoughts" logo on it, and above the pocket: "W?BIC!"
I'd wear a "Why? Because I Can!" Babydoll tee. ;)

Or do I get a special "Moderatrix" shirt?

Kowalski
07-17-2004, 06:05 PM
You have two chests? How many arms do you have?
funny, realy funny :D

ntractv
07-21-2004, 05:43 PM
How about a T-shirt, sweatshirt, and Polo. I'd probably get all three.

Dave Potter
07-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Heck - let's go for broke. What about PPCT undies?

:lol:

Kati Compton
07-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Yes - I think Ed volunteered to model the thong for the storefront...

Ryan Joseph
07-21-2004, 06:14 PM

Boy, you guys are sure putting the pressure on. Where exactly would like the logo to go? :D

Kati Compton
07-21-2004, 06:16 PM

Boy, you guys are sure putting the pressure on. Where exactly would like the logo to go? :D
Hmm...

Note to self: carefully-crafted response designed to make people want to drop the subject of thongs did not work, despite the obvious choice of the "scariest" PPCT admin as thong model. Must go back to the laboratory...

Ryan Joseph
07-21-2004, 06:19 PM
Note to self: carefully-crafted response designed to make people want to drop the subject of thongs did not work, despite the obvious choice of the "scariest" PPCT admin as thong model. Must go back to the laboratory...

Note to self: if Kati even hints at dropping a subject...drop it.

Dave Potter
07-21-2004, 06:38 PM

Hey - I never said anything about thongs. And the thought of Ed modelling a thong for the storefront makes me shudder 8O

All I said was undies - you ran with it from there.
:lol:

dazcox5181
07-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Check out www.cafepress.com/wbic for a w?bic shirt. The thongs are there too...scary!
Darren
http://www.wbic.co.uk

Kati Compton
07-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Oh my.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you SHOULD.

:P

Dave Potter
07-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Check out www.cafepress.com/wbic for a w?bic shirt. The thongs are there too...scary!
Darren
http://www.wbic.co.uk

8O YIKES !!!! 8O

dean_shan
07-21-2004, 10:09 PM
<Shudder> Please no. Ed will be talking about how great the Scott-e-thong is. Get the mental image out!

Jonathon Watkins
08-13-2004, 03:35 PM

And on the back: (large)"Why? Because I can!" and underneath: (a little smaller)"PocketPCThoughts.com

Sounds really good. Dark Blue I hope?

We are also talking about shirt & collar working shirts as well, aren't we?

Jeff Rutledge
08-15-2004, 05:09 AM
We are also talking about shirt & collar working shirts as well, aren't we?

That's what I'd be most interested in. I'd like to see both a casual 'T' and a collared golf shirt. The T-shirt could be like Steve described, fun and colourful. The golf shirt could be much simpler, say the PPCT logo on the breast and W?BIC! on the sleeve or something.