View Full Version : The Race For 10,000

Pony99CA
07-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Place your bets! Who will hit 10,000 posts first? Jason is in the lead with 9,892 posts, but Janak is moving up fast with 9,746. Will Jason's 146 post lead be enough, or will Janak's prodigious posting penchant propel him to prominence? (Pretty good alliteration, eh?)

And will either (or both) of them get 10,000 posts before new iPAQs are announced? :-D

Steve

Duncan
07-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Clearly if Janak looks like he's winning Jason will abuse his power and remove some of those posts so he can win. Well I would anyway...! 8)

Jason Dunn
07-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Heh heh. I've been so busy lately I haven't been posting that much...but I'll see if I can pour it on and make it to 10,000. :lol:

Pony99CA
07-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Heh heh. I've been so busy lately I haven't been posting that much...but I'll see if I can pour it on and make it to 10,000. :lol:
Well, you have three sites you have to keep going. :-)

Steve

dean_shan
07-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Jason's going to win. He can pump out 100 post easy.

Janak Parekh
07-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Janak's prodigious posting penchant propel him to prominence? (Pretty good alliteration, eh?)
That is indeed pretty impressive.

Anyway... I hate to take the wind out of your sails, but considering the 1300+ posts Jason's made on DMT, I think he's already won. ;)

And will either (or both) of them get 10,000 posts before new iPAQs are announced? :-D
Since I have no clue what the announce date is, your guess is as good as mine...

Jason's going to win. He can pump out 100 post easy.
You're right - Jason's a posting machine when it comes to it. :)

--janak

suhit
07-13-2004, 04:41 PM
No doubt about the fact that Jason is a posting machine. As I was pointing out to him recently, every once in a while i think I am going to catch up with him on DMT, and then he just goes on a rampage, so I guess I should have my money on him.

Having said that, I think Janak is going to do it first because all he seems to be doing these days is posting on PPCT. I mean his acceleration on number of posts is tremendous these days. Seriously, I don't think he even remembers what his thesis topic is all about. :twisted:

Suhit

Jon Westfall
07-13-2004, 04:55 PM
I was looking at the stats the other day, and in my opinion, it'll be Jason all the way. Janak may have the regularity, but Jason's mass posting moments will be enough.

Jason Dunn
07-13-2004, 04:58 PM
I was looking at the stats the other day, and in my opinion, it'll be Jason all the way. Janak may have the regularity, but Jason's mass posting moments will be enough.

Unless I'm just too busy to post much lately... :lol: I suppose Janak and I could discuss who will win for the next, oh, 150 posts or so in this thread... :mrgreen:

Janak Parekh
07-13-2004, 05:00 PM
Unless I'm just too busy to post much lately... :lol:
Hey Jason, don't you have to teach tomorrow? :twisted: ;)

--janak

Jason Dunn
07-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey Jason, don't you have to teach tomorrow? :twisted: ;)

Why yes, and I have 18 x 2000 word assignments to mark, a conference call today at noon that may alter my future, and a meeting this afternoon that will have a big financial impact on my life and gadgets. What's your point? :mrgreen:

kosmicki
07-13-2004, 05:55 PM
"At the tone, Jason's post count will be.... Nine....thousand...Nine...hundred...and... Four..."

>DOOOOT<

:mrgreen:

Pony99CA
07-14-2004, 07:28 AM
"At the tone, Jason's post count will be.... Nine....thousand...Nine...hundred...and... Four..."

>DOOOOT<

:mrgreen:
As we round the first turn, Jason still has the lead with 9912 to Janak's 9780. However, Janak is gaining with 34 posts since I started this compared to Jason's 20. However, at that pace, Jason will hit 10,000 posts in fewer than five days, while Janak would "only" have 9950.

It looks like Janak will have to delay that thesis a little longer to beat Jason. :lol:

Too bad I might not have Internet connectivity for a week, so I might miss who "wins".

Steve

Steven Cedrone
07-14-2004, 01:02 PM
Too bad I might not have Internet connectivity for a week, so I might miss who "wins".

Don't worry, we'll keep an eye on it for ya'! :wink:

Steve

Pony99CA
07-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Don't worry, we'll keep an eye on it for ya'! :wink:
As long as somebody posts here when the 10,000-post mark is broken, I'll find out. Regardless of who breaks it first, I suspect the second won't be too far behind.

Now who will be third? :lol:

Steve

Janak Parekh
07-14-2004, 06:38 PM
As we round the first turn, Jason still has the lead with 9912 to Janak's 9780. However, Janak is gaining with 34 posts since I started this compared to Jason's 20. However, at that pace, Jason will hit 10,000 posts in fewer than five days, while Janak would "only" have 9950.
Yeah, you woke him up. Curse you! You foiled my plan for world domination. :lol: :P

It looks like Janak will have to delay that thesis a little longer to beat Jason. :lol:
Delay? How about start? 8O I have to propose by this Fall...

Now who will be third? :lol:
At the rate you're going since returning from your hiatus? :lol:

--janak

Steven Cedrone
07-14-2004, 06:52 PM

Nah, Pony gets banned if he climbs within 500 of me! :wink:

I think we should no longer allow the two contestants to post to this thread. It could cause controversy as we near the finish! We couldn't have any accusations of post bloat now can we? :lol: :wink:

Steve

Pony99CA
07-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Nah, Pony gets banned if he climbs within 500 of me! :wink:
:rofl: I used to have more posts than you, by a wide margin. Ah, the good old days. :lol:

I think we should no longer allow the two contestants to post to this thread. It could cause controversy as we near the finish! We couldn't have any accusations of post bloat now can we? :lol: :wink:
I was thinking that myself, but the only thing that would get me banned quicker than getting near your post count would be telling Jason or Janak where they couldn't post. ;-)

Steve

Janak Parekh
07-14-2004, 11:23 PM
I was thinking that myself, but the only thing that would get me banned quicker than getting near your post count would be telling Jason or Janak where they couldn't post. ;-)
Nah - you can say whatever you want (well, within reason...). So can Steve... but he doesn't have "root" on the box. :twisted: ;)

--janak

p.s. Who locked this thing!? Steve? Kati?

Janak Parekh
07-20-2004, 04:38 PM
10,000th post. ;)

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/parekh/misc/janak-10000-posts.png

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

--janak

Ryan Joseph
07-20-2004, 04:41 PM
10,000th post. ;)

Alright! Congrats, man! I've been watching for the last twenty minutes or so and I feel like I've witnessed a historic moment in PPCT history!

Keep it up! :way to go:

Janak Parekh
07-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Alright! Congrats, man! I've been watching for the last twenty minutes or so and I feel like I've witnessed a historic moment in PPCT history!
:oops: That would really be 100,000... 8O :P

Ryan, I'm going to delete your OT post from the other thread, if you don't mind. ;)

--janak

Ryan Joseph
07-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Ryan, I'm going to delete your OT post from the other thread, if you don't mind. ;)

I was just heading over there to delete it myself, but if you get there first, that's fine. :mrgreen:

Pat Logsdon
07-20-2004, 04:46 PM
10,000th post. ;)
:werenotworthy: :mrgreen:

And in other news, I just noticed that I'm in the top 10! Woo!

(woo)

Jason Dunn
07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Sorry for disappointing the 36% of you who voted for me. :cry: Guess I should have been a bit more prolific....or locked Janak's account. :twisted:

DiGiTYZED
07-20-2004, 05:02 PM
damn what do you guys do?

Where can I find a job that allows me time to post 11 times every single day to a pocket pc web forum for almost two and a half years and not get fired?

suhit
07-20-2004, 05:04 PM
10,000th post. ;)
--janak
Slacker 8).

Suhit

Janak Parekh
07-20-2004, 05:07 PM
damn what do you guys do?
First and foremost, I'm a Ph.D. student. This means I'm putting in much more than an 8 hour workday, and the timing is flexible for this and that. ;)

Where can I find a job that allows me time to post 11 times every single day to a pocket pc web forum for almost two and a half years and not get fired?
Note that it's an average. There are days when I've made one post, and days where I've made more. ;)

--janak

Steven Cedrone
07-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Congrats Janak! We know who will come in second, but what about third? :wink:

DiGiTYZED
07-20-2004, 05:26 PM
weird. you reply to most if not all my posts. you the owner or something?

i see u in the city. it's crazy to think we communicate frequently on this board and we prolly pass each other everyday without saying a word. hell we prolly ride the same train or elevator

just wondering... u'r not the guy who keeps eyeing me whenever i leave the building for the verizon hotspots? (if u are, my bad about giving you the finger. i thought you were plotting on my shiny precious)

Jason Dunn
07-20-2004, 05:34 PM

No, he's just obsessive. :lol:

Janak Parekh
07-20-2004, 05:51 PM
Ha! No, Jason is. I'm just an "employee". ;)

i see u in the city. it's crazy to think we communicate frequently on this board and we prolly pass each other everyday without saying a word. hell we prolly ride the same train or elevator
In a city with 7 million people, it's entirely possible, but I suspect I work in a different area of the city than you. Chances are, far uptown.

just wondering... u'r not the guy who keeps eyeing me whenever i leave the building for the verizon hotspots? (if u are, my bad about giving you the finger. i thought you were plotting on my shiny precious)
No. ;)

--janak

suhit
07-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Congrats Janak! We know who will come in second, but what about third? :wink:
Good question. BTW, I know the guys at SPT and DMT are far behind, but don't discount us for the third position. :)

Suhit

DiGiTYZED
07-20-2004, 06:54 PM
In a city with 7 million people, it's entirely possible, but I suspect I work in a different area of the city than you. Chances are, far uptown.

u'r right, i actually live 3 blocks near not work. hi neighbor!

JonnoB
07-20-2004, 06:55 PM
I have to admire someone like Janak and Jason... because their posts are typically very helpful to other people. I try at times, but running my business takes alot of my time and more recently, I haven't been able to do much more than pop in for the daily read... but we should all try to be as helpful.

DiGiTYZED
07-20-2004, 07:06 PM
I have to admire someone like Janak and Jason... because their posts are typically very helpful to other people... but we should all try to be as helpful.

very very true. i agree.

thanx fellaz

dean_shan
07-20-2004, 07:46 PM
10,000th post. ;)

Party Time! Oh yeah and Jason I'm hurt. :( I had my money riding on you. You better win the race to 20,000. :P

Jon Westfall
07-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Congrats Janak on having 3.87% of all total posts! A whopping 11.18 posts per day!

Pat Logsdon
07-20-2004, 09:06 PM
Folks, I've put up a front page post (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30224&highlight=) about this, so please post any replies there. :D

Jason Dunn
07-20-2004, 09:08 PM
Oh yeah and Jason I'm hurt. :(

It was a surprise to me as well.

You better win the race to 20,000. :P

I'll see what I can do, but it's not looking promising being involved with two other sites. ;-)