View Full Version : Resco Keyboard Pro for free today at PocketGear

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 10:58 AM
As the title says...normally $19.95 so this is another steal. It's very good, especially for international users who use different keyboard formats - I have the UK and Swiss keyboards to toggle between now, very useful when adding local contacts or place names.

Note that PocketGear does not carry the latest version...head for Resco's site after you have checked out and grab the CAB file for version 4.21.

Your registration code should come through within about a half hour, or at least mine did.

J'bm

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 11:01 AM
I recommend downloading the Light skin for it as well from Resco's site. Looks good, fits well with Juni's latest theme.

J'bm

Pony99CA
07-13-2004, 11:33 AM
As the title says...normally $19.95 so this is another steal.
Yep, and I had posted it in the "PocketGear.com Announces Super Summer Spectacular Sale & Contest!" thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=262881#262881). I'm kind of hoping all of the deals with get posted there so people who have subscribed to that thread will see them.

I downloaded it right after I posted and it seems to work (even without the soft reset they suggested). Thanks for letting us know about the update, though. :way to go:

Steve

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Hi Steve,

I kind of assumed that after the initial notice that perhaps people wouldn't go back and read that thread again...and with the steals on offer I wanted to make sure people noticed...but I will defer to you if you wish, if people are checking there...

Resco Keyboard Pro is great. I am slightly disappointed that it doesn't actually replace Keyboard in the SIP menu however, a la Transcriber/Calligrapher. I will pop the developer a note.

J'bm

andrei
07-13-2004, 12:02 PM
How can you buy this thing? On the Pocket Gear site I go through all steps to the last one, but the order confirmation page still shows a total of $19.95 :?:

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 12:11 PM
If you buy it using the link on the PocketGear specials page, you will go all the way through to checkout, and at the last stage you will see there has been a coupon automatically added which reduces the price to zero. Your card will not be charged.

If you read as you went, you will have seen that they mentioned that coupon would show up at the last moment...

However, I'm not going to be held responsible so double check for the presence of the coupon and if you still think there is something wrong then email PocketGear with your question.

It did work for me however.

J'bm

andrei
07-13-2004, 12:51 PM
I tried, but there is nou coupon code. bugger

Steven Cedrone
07-13-2004, 01:00 PM
You have to enter your CC info and keep going through the checkout procedure. If you started with the link on the specials page, right before you hit the "submit" button on the confirmation page, you will see the discount automatically entered and the price at $0.00

Steve

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Did you choose "Yes" for "Do you have any coupons/gift certificates that you would like to use?"...?

J'bm

piperpilot
07-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Ditto here. There is no coupon code to put in. If you leave it blank, it says that the coupon is invalid or has already been used.

Steven Cedrone
07-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Ditto here. There is no coupon code to put in. If you leave it blank, it says that the coupon is invalid or has already been used.

You don't use a coupon code, you just make sure you follow the link from the "specials" page, the discount will be applied automatically...

Steve

mrkablooey
07-13-2004, 01:06 PM
the link from the specials page says "coupon=" in the link. I just made sure to enter that in the end where it asks if you have a coupon, it tendered on the following page. :)

piperpilot
07-13-2004, 01:07 PM
That's what I did. I added the application to my shopping cart from the specials page, went through the checkout process and selected "no" when asked if I had any coupon codes. When I click on "continue," it asks for a coupon code anyway.

piperpilot
07-13-2004, 01:07 PM
the link from the specials page says "coupon=" in the link. I just made sure to enter that in the end where it asks if you have a coupon, it tendered on the following page. :)

OK, I'll try that. Thanks!

UPDATE: No go. That fix doesn't work for me.

christheswiss
07-13-2004, 01:22 PM
I got all the way to the screen where you have to "place order" and it still lists 19.95. Is there another screen after this that lets you "confirm" the order ? I seem to recall that yesterday $ 0.00 was listed in the "place order" screen for the free item.

PPCRules
07-13-2004, 01:27 PM
For you guys that got it earlier, I think things have changed. It's not working like the other ones did on previous days.

I wonder, with a code of 'rescoltd1', if the 'ltd' means there was a limit to how many they were willing to give away. It does generate a bunch of ill will, however, if that's the case.

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 01:29 PM
That's what I did. I added the application to my shopping cart from the specials page, went through the checkout process and selected "no" when asked if I had any coupon codes. When I click on "continue," it asks for a coupon code anyway.

Hmmm. I clicked yes this morning and it worked. Try choosing yes.

Incidentally, I tried going all the way through again and it applied a discount of $4.05 to the purchase. I didn't buy, but that's what it said.

J'bm

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 01:31 PM
I got all the way to the screen where you have to "place order" and it still lists 19.95. Is there another screen after this that lets you "confirm" the order ? I seem to recall that yesterday $ 0.00 was listed in the "place order" screen for the free item.

For me the price was still $19.95 but there was a coupon of -$19.95 applied to make the subtotal zero.

ie it wasn't $0.00 right off the mark...it started off as a normal transaction.

J'bm

piperpilot
07-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Still nothing here. I've tried selecting "yes" for a coupon, then putting in "rescoltd1" and I've tried selecting "no" for a coupon, then putting in "rescoltd1", all with the same result: the coupon code is invalid or has already been used" or something to that effect. The bottom line is I can't get the free app :evil:

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 02:11 PM
I didn't actually put the coupon code in either...it was automatically applied. Perhaps there was a limited amount of freebies...but that would be quite wrong, given that they are still stating it is free.

I think you should complain to them forthwith.

J'bm

piperpilot
07-13-2004, 02:15 PM
I think you should complain to them forthwith.J'bm

Believe me, I will :!:

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Here's an idea...in the other thread someone said that yesterday's codes were being applied and coming up expired...try, last shot, clearing your browser cache and giving it another go...

J'bm

piperpilot
07-13-2004, 02:32 PM
try, last shot, clearing your browser cache and giving it another go...J'bm

Tried that early on in the process, and even cleared out my cookies in a desperate attempt to get it to work. Same result. I just gave Pocket Gear a piece of my mind. We shall see what their service ethic is. Will keep you all posted.

andrei
07-13-2004, 02:42 PM
It works now. Try it before it gone again

piperpilot
07-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Still doesn't work for me. :cry:

Pony99CA
07-13-2004, 02:56 PM
I kind of assumed that after the initial notice that perhaps people wouldn't go back and read that thread again...and with the steals on offer I wanted to make sure people noticed...but I will defer to you if you wish, if people are checking there...
Oh, I like that you posted a new thread showing the deal of the day. It lets people who didn't check the other thread know about it. I just want to encourage people to also post the deal to the other thread so that those of us who have subscribed won't have to look hard to find the deal. :-)

Resco Keyboard Pro is great. I am slightly disappointed that it doesn't actually replace Keyboard in the SIP menu however, a la Transcriber/Calligrapher. I will pop the developer a note.
Calligrapher replaces Transcriber? I didn't know that.

However, I wouldn't want Resco Keyboard Pro to replace the regular keyboard. There may be reasons to use the regular keyboard, so why replace it? Unless you have lot lots of input methods, it won't hurt to have both.

Steve

Pony99CA
07-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Still doesn't work for me. :cry:
Maybe they sold out. I just tried it again, and only got the $4.05 discount. I'm glad I downloaded it quickly. :-D

Steve

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Oh, I like that you posted a new thread showing the deal of the day. It lets people who didn't check the other thread know about it. I just want to encourage people to also post the deal to the other thread so that those of us who have subscribed won't have to look hard to find the deal. :-)

Calligrapher replaces Transcriber? I didn't know that.

However, I wouldn't want Resco Keyboard Pro to replace the regular keyboard. There may be reasons to use the regular keyboard, so why replace it? Unless you have lot lots of input methods, it won't hurt to have both.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Ok, how about I post a new thread and you link to it from the main thread? Or vice versa? We can take turns... ;)

Calligrapher indeed replaces Transcriber - metaphorically of course, the underlying Transcriber code/files we are stuck with as it's in ROM, but Calligrapher is essentially a much enhanced and improved version so there is zero reason to leave any links to the original.

I feel the same way about Keyboard and Resco KB Pro - it should replace links and calls to the default Keyboard. There is nothing that the default does that Resco doesn't, and I haven't found any incompatibilities yet...

J'bm

ajnemasis
07-13-2004, 03:52 PM
I was just able to order it for free. I had to manually put in the coupon code rescoltd1

PPCRules
07-13-2004, 06:46 PM
I got it to go through now, with the link-imbedded discount code.

OSUKid7
07-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Just got it. :) Worked fine.

piperpilot
07-13-2004, 07:14 PM
So did I . . . finally :D

christheswiss
07-13-2004, 07:20 PM
I just tried again myself....... and it's on my machine :mrgreen:

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Excellent...are you guys all finding it as cool as I do...?

J'bm

piperpilot
07-13-2004, 08:30 PM
By the way, I just received a response from PocketGear apologizing for the problems that I and many others had trying to download the application. The person said that they ran out of discount codes and had to put more in their system. I'm heartened to know that PocketGear actually has a commitment to customer service that they would respond to a problem with a giveaway application.

mrkablooey
07-14-2004, 12:04 AM
So did I . . . finally :D

Whew! :wink:

baker
07-14-2004, 03:46 AM
It worked for me about 4:00 EST today.

Pony99CA
07-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Ok, how about I post a new thread and you link to it from the main thread? Or vice versa? We can take turns... ;)
Already done. :-D However, I encourage anybody to post to the main thread; I just did it because nobody else had done it when I checked.

However, I might not be online for the next week, so if you want to post to the main thread, I'm sure people would appreciate it. I'm guessing the new deals start at midnight Eastern time.

Steve

Jereboam
07-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Good stuff, will keep an eye on PocketGear while you are out of touch... ;)

J'bm