View Full Version : Anyone want a Gmail account?

Darius Wey
07-13-2004, 06:34 AM
I'm getting piles of invitations to give out to people so I thought I'd offer one to a lucky PPCT member.

But I don't really like those first-come-first-served schemes, merely because half of the members are in different time zones and probably sleeping. So I'll offer it to the member who can best answer this question (creatively, thoughtfully, etc. etc.):

"Why should I offer you a Gmail account?"

You can only answer once, and final day for submitting entries is Saturday 17 July.

Have Fun! :D

Iznot Gold
07-13-2004, 08:57 AM
You should give me a Gmail account because you keep waving at me and I have the cure for that big red nose problem! :lol:

Jereboam
07-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Because it's my birthday on the 18th of July, I'm turning 30, officially old, and obviously millions of people will want to email me to congratulate me and share the love. ;)

Seriously, if you have a spare invite that would be great. If you think someone else is more deserving go ahead, I have no shortage of email accounts currently. I'd just like to try it is all.

Thanks, J'bm

PPCRules
07-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Because if I have to wait until they get me one directly, it will be a moot point. (Already, I have signed up for a different free 1GB address, a free 2GB address, my long standing Yahoo address had already gone to 100MB, and my hotmail is going to 1/4GB soon.)

esher2292
07-13-2004, 03:35 PM
----Remove me! I got one today-----

galt
07-13-2004, 11:19 PM
That's a very generous offer....

I don't want one for me (I already have one, but it has generated 0 invites so far :( ) but a good friend of mine could really use a gmail account. He's stuck w/a Hotmail account as his only e-mail account and he doesn't have frequent computer access, so he often ends up w/messages bounced because his limit is reached and he can't get to a computer to make some room. Also, a gmail account would give him a little bit of web storage which I'm sure would be a nice treat for him.

If you're interested in helping him out, PM me and I'll send you an e-mail account to which you can send the invite. Despite not having a PC of his own right now, he's a techy guy and would love to have one of these...

dean_shan
07-14-2004, 01:46 AM
"Why should I offer you a Gmail account?

Becasue I can show you somthing that is truely Alaskan. With a big Gmail account I will be able to send you large files. Files of Alaskan wilderness. Plus I'll throw-in a video of my friend getting knock over in a game of basketball. It's a must see!

billbuckner
07-14-2004, 01:54 AM
Because I have one already and would love to have two and be not only 1337, but u8er1337.

Pat Logsdon
07-14-2004, 01:58 AM
Because I have one already and would love to have two and be not only 1337, but u8er1337.
I think you're confusing 1337 with 1@m3. It's a common mistake. :wink: :mrgreen:

dean_shan
07-14-2004, 02:28 AM
I think you're confusing 1337 with 1@m3. It's a common mistake. :wink: :mrgreen:
:rofl: Nice I need to remember that one.

Darius Wey
07-14-2004, 08:10 AM
You should give me a Gmail account because you keep waving at me and I have the cure for that big red nose problem! :lol:

Heheh...well even though I just changed my avatar, I'll still take your response into consideration. 8)

Come on people...keep the entries coming. You have until Saturday. :D

billbuckner
07-14-2004, 06:51 PM

:lol:

esher2292
07-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Remove me from the contest, I got one from a ipaq specific site!

nosmohtac
07-14-2004, 09:11 PM

:lol:

Is this some kind of SMS chat code?
I don't get it at all :?

Steven Cedrone
07-14-2004, 09:16 PM

Get yourself a 1337 5p34k (http://ryanross.net/leet/) generator, and you can be cool too! :wink:

1337=leet (as in elite)
1@m3=lame

Steve

dean_shan
07-14-2004, 11:05 PM

1337=loser as in 'Lives in parent's basement until late 30s, has no social life and is unkempt.

OK maybe I was little harsh but I get tire of script kiddies thinking they are all that, I mean 1337. :roll:

Darius Wey
07-15-2004, 09:20 AM
Remove me from the contest, I got one from a ipaq specific site!

Noted.

Is this some kind of SMS chat code? I don't get it at all Confused

If you want...you can get Google in 1337 L4NGu4G3 for practice.

portnoy
07-16-2004, 04:44 PM
I think you should give me one. I too have a birthday coming up in a few weeks and that is just the thing to make my day. When I started on the net I could always get the same easy to recall account name, but over the last 3 years that has always been gone before I could get in.

Yes, it would make this old guys day if I could once again have an email address with my old username.

mc_03
07-17-2004, 03:00 AM
... because I am suffering from a severe case of AHDS. (Advanced Hotmail Depression Syndrome.) This is a rare (OK, common) disease that causes seemingly normal human beings to go insane after checking their 2 MB hotmail account and finding it overflowing with spam, viruses, scams, worms, and more spam. Consider this story, of a fellow Pocket PC user (me) terminally ill with this terrible disease:

Oh, if you could only understand the pain, to log into the inbox I wiped clean yesterday just to find it 85% full of claims to enlarge various parts of my body (some I have, some I don't) or pleas from the Prime Minister of Nigeria to transfer 10 million bucks into my bank account for safekeeping. That would be the daily life of an AHDS patient. Sadly, this disease afflicts millions of other unfortunate MSN passport wielding users daily. I'm sure somewhere, buried beneath the mass of spam, there are emails from friends actually wanting to tell me something important. - but I've stopped caring. A quick skim, a sniffle, a tear or two, and then it all goes into the Deleted Items folder, soon to be gone for eternity into silicon nothingness.

Lately, I've had trouble sleeping, eating, laughing, thinking, drinking, eating, laughing, eating, eating, and breathing.... and sleeping. The affliction is worsening. The end is nigh. Each day I awake with dread, knowing the horrors of what will meet me when I log into my account. I'm finding it hard to go on... I've thought about ending it all. Several times. Just letting go. It will be so easy... No... I... must... hold on.... I've got... One last... hope... Please.... save me from the doom that awaits me. Will some kind person out there find it within their soul to help a friend in need? Will the madness end before it's too late? *echo* Too late... too late... too late.... *sob*

0X 0X 0X 0X 0X

...If that horrifying documentary did not shock and disturb you, then I do not know what will. (Perhaps Fahrenheit 9/11? But I believe that my little anecdote is much more moving than Michael Moore's rantings.) Seriously, though: Please listen to the cries of Hotmail users everywhere. Please send me... a GMAIL invite :)

Darius Wey
07-18-2004, 07:55 AM
Okay, thanks for your entries everyone!

I've picked the winner and I'd like to say congratulations to mc_03

Probably one of the most imaginative responses I've seen in a while.

mc_03, I will be PMing you now for an email address with which you'd like the invitation sent to.

Thanks everyone! If you're lucky, and I think you may be seeing as though these invitations flow into my account at an odd and very high rate, I will give some more out to PPCT members. Just keep your eyes peeled for more of my giveouts in this off-topic forum.