View Full Version : What are your hardware buttons assignments?

Robb Bates
07-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Spin-off from another thread:

I assigned hardware buttons from left to right:
start menu
context menu
PHM alt-f4
itasks

this configuration makes use of the stylus minimum. but i wish i had a jog dial too, which would make our lives easier with HPs

Mine are (left to right):

1) Record. The h2215 doesn't have a dedicated record button and I wanted to retain that capability.
2) Today screen. Easy way to return to a central point where all my vital info is stored.
3) PHM Alt-F4. Quick and easy task switcher
4) MS Voice Command. I can launch any other program with this so I don't have to worry about losing the default button assignments.

What are everyone elses? And is there any special reason you do this?

Robb

Jon Westfall
07-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Pretty mundane for me, although I use Vito's Button mapping software to extend capabilities a bit (i.e. mapping a button to start/stop for StopTime). I have mine set to MS voice command, Calendar / Contacts (With Pocket Informant), and Camera.

Jacob
07-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Mine are all set to the defaults, but I never use them so they might as well be assigned to do nothing.

The record button is assigned to do nothing though since it gets pressed too often accidentally.

Robb Bates
07-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Mine are all set to the defaults, but I never use them so they might as well be assigned to do nothing.

The record button is assigned to do nothing though since it gets pressed too often accidentally.

I never used mine for application launching either, which is why they are now set to a more functionality oriented setup.

Robb

Sven Johannsen
07-12-2004, 05:00 PM
With the X30, you get two extra. The normal ones are set normal, except the Home button goes to Today, since that is my 'home'. The two outside buttons, Left is screen rotate (normally record) and right is the default Radios On/Off, mostly because I can't find a decent software option to do that. I can turn the individual radios on and off with their control panels, but I don't see anything that does what the button does...yet.

The record button on my 4155 is actually mapped to Media Player. Rest are standard.

Never really got into using the recorder as a quick audio note thing. I suppose you would need to leave that button set to power up the unit when pressed and I don't like that. It seems to get pressed inadvertantly to often.

dean_shan
07-12-2004, 05:39 PM
From Left to Right
NoteM
Calendar
Notes
File Explorer
Contacts

baker
07-12-2004, 06:12 PM
PI Calendar, PI Contacts, PI Tasks, iTasks.

Jeff Song
07-12-2004, 08:47 PM
I have an iPAQ 4355 so I get 9 buttons :D

Standard 4, left to right-
Pocket Informant, WMP, PHM Alt-Tab, Today Screen

Function Button (on thumbboard) + Hardware keys-Contacts, IE, MS Money, PHM Screensaver

and the record button is still set to record.