View Full Version : Some questions on Toshiba e800

superboy123
07-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I am looking to purchase the Toshiba e800 PPC, but have a few questions on its 5 way navigating pad, its VGA capabilities and its Compact Flash Slot. Firstly, for those of you who own this PPC, are there any problems with using the navigation pad and playing games that require such pads? Second, how long does it take, on VGA 640 by 480 resolution, for the battery to die out, and do all programs that work at a lower resolution, work at the higher resolution? Lastly, does the compact flash slot read only compact flash type 2 cards, or can it read type 1 as well (i have a camera that uses type one, and wanted to view pictures from my camera on the PPC).

Thanks for the help

Rod3
07-09-2004, 03:06 PM
The CF slot will take CF type I cards, too. In fact, that's what I use in mine. Unless you upgrade to WM2003SE, not all programs work in VGA that work in QVGA. If you upgrade, you should be OK. I haven't upgraded; I use the hacks. That's an individual preference. The Dpad isn't so good for games. There's a lag. Stylus games are fine. I've never run my battery down very much, so someone else will have to answer that. Hope this is helpful.

Deralict
07-09-2004, 04:38 PM
The e800 is a fabulous device, the best I've ever owned bar none, mainly because of that gorgeous VGA display (DEFINITELY upgrade to WM2003SE, it's not even half the story without it). Battery life seems about the same as it was at QVGA, so VGA doesn't seem to make much difference (it also has a powerful battery).

superboy123
07-09-2004, 07:16 PM
THank you very much for your helpful replies.

I have a question concerning the lag of the pad while running games. Is it annoying, unbearable, or just a little bit of lag. And do most games use the stylus as the controller, or the pad.

Also, as i have looked in to upgrade to SE, i was wondering what is the difference between 4 and 5 on this page, and which one should I get for the 805?

http://www.toshiba-tro.de/unitdetails/TEDD.asp?serial=&model=PD800E-00001-FR&useraclID=10&language=English

Thanks again for answering all my questions, this forum is great!

Rod3
07-09-2004, 08:09 PM
one is for the bluetooth Tosh (bt = bluetooth) and the other is for the WiFi enabled one (lan = WiFi)
Buttons are not good if you are playing a quick shoot-em-up game or a racing game, but they aren't awful. For most of the games I play, they are adequate.