View Full Version : e805 comparisons?

tbo
07-09-2004, 03:35 AM
I was wondering what devices you would say are equal to the toshiba e805, as it is so unbelievably hard for me to find one that is new i figured maybe you people can point me in another direction? First things first..:
-WiFi is a plus..but if it is a bit cheaper then what the 805 is then purchasing a CF WiFi card is no problem..
-It must have a CF and SDIO slot =) (double the fun..)
-A decent battery that will give me some run time while using wifi or watching movies..(
-I hope for a device that doesn't show any manufaturing problems..like in many cases i have read that the 2215's rubber grips come off =\
-Good display if possible
-A good amount of built in memory

arnage2
07-09-2004, 04:00 AM
asus a730 comes out very soon. search around for specs. ull love it

ladyvols
07-09-2004, 03:43 PM
You may want to consider the new line from HP to be released (some Products). The IPAQ 4700 may equal or surpass the 805.

xqzt
07-09-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm in the same quandary. was almost going to buy the e805 [the vga 4" screen with SE upgrade now outweighed the 624mhz processor +BT 3 months later] but the news of Toshiba getting out of pdas has frozen me.
Asus 730 or Fujitsu 720 or hx4700 - all should be out over next 3 months so wait it is :roll:

pmgibson
07-12-2004, 04:52 AM
Mobile Planet, www.mobileplanet.com is shipping e800's. I think they're the same as e805's -- something about a piece of software included for one but not the other -- can't remember what, just that it was something I wasn't interested in.

The price is the same as the one on Toshiba's website -- so I'm assuming it's not refurbished. It also doesn't say it's refurbished and there are no tag's directing you to fine print that says it's refurbished. It's also more expensive than the refurbs I've seen out there.

Patty

Kowalski
07-12-2004, 08:40 AM
e800 would be a good choice unless you dont care about the unit size.
but if you are not in a hurry i suggest you to wait for the new upcoming models because they offer all the functionality you want.
also you can have a look at the mitac mio 558 which has dual wireless, dual slots, good internal storage and battery life.