View Full Version : When will Dell release VGA screens?

superboy123
07-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi,

I am interested in puchasing a Dell PPC, but am thinking of waiting for Dells release of VGA screens on its models. Does anyone know when they will release pocket pc's with VGA screens? The price?

Thanks

Janak Parekh
07-08-2004, 11:13 PM
As of this moment, there's no public news of a VGA Axim to be released. (There's no private news, either, that I'm privy to). :| You'd assume Dell's working on one, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a very short-term release...

--janak

superboy123
07-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I was also wondering if you thought it would be a worthwhile purchase to buy a 624 mhz Dell Axim, mainly for schoolwork, games, and occasionally using DVD to Pocket PC. Would it be wiser to wait or smarter to wait for the VGA screen? Also, have any of you used DVD2PPC on this particular PPC? How did it run?

Thanks again

ADBrown
07-08-2004, 11:34 PM
I wouldnt rule out a Dell VGA launch in the near future. They play close to the vest, and even the sites that sign NDAs dont find out until a couple of weeks beforehand. We really have no idea.

Kowalski
07-09-2004, 10:32 PM
x30 is a good device for the money for sure. it has afew disadvantages but you wont be sorry if you get one unless you need:
-CF slot
-long battery life
-VGA screen