View Full Version : I told Activesync not to sync my e-mail, but it does it anyhow!

mattp
07-08-2004, 02:04 PM
A bit of a wierd situation here. I have activesync set up to cradle sync all the usual calendar, contacts, etc. except e-mail with Outlook. To sync e-mail, I use my wi-fi connection to my router and used the PPC2003 automatic e-mail tool to find and set up the account. This works just fine.

However, when I cradle my PPC, Activesync also updates my e-mail. The funny thing is that it updates the internet account, not the Activesync account. I don't have e-mail checked in Activesync and wouldn't expect it to sync to the internet account even if I did.

Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, but the Activesync method doesn't appear to let me delete messages from the e-mail server. Therefore, when I wi-fi sync, I get a ton of duplicate and old messages.

Basically, I want to turn e-mail sync totally off in Activesync. Anybody experienced anything like this?

Stephen Beesley
07-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Do you have internet pass through activated on your activesynce connection?

If so maybe it is connecting to the account that way, using the internet connection of you PC (assuming it has one) and downloading the mail.