View Full Version : Inbox - Hotmail Sync??

jook00
07-07-2004, 11:58 PM
What is the proper way to configure and retrieve my emails through inbox.

Account information
Account type:
Name:

Server information
incoming mail:
outgoing mail:
domain:

Pony99CA
07-08-2004, 12:07 AM
What is the proper way to configure and retrieve my emails through inbox.
There isn't one. You can't access Hotmail via Inbox. There are third-party programs that allow accessing Hotmail, but I'm not sure how good any of them are (I don't use Hotmail).

Steve

OSUKid7
07-08-2004, 12:17 AM
Inbox only supports POP3 and IMAP4 email. I don't use hotmail a lot, but when I do, I find that the web version of it is fairly good since there is a Pocket PC formatted version.

jook00
07-08-2004, 07:04 AM
well it seems to work fine, but sometimes there is an error.

jimski
07-08-2004, 07:29 AM
Just download Pocket Hotmail ($5.00 at Handango or PocketGear) and install. You can then create a Hotmail service on your PPC.
Folders include;
Deleted Items
Drafts
Inbox
Junk E-Mail
Outbox
Read Mail
Sent Items

I don't use Hotmail that much but this addin has worked perfectly since the day I installed it.

jook00
07-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Ok i bought Pocket Hotmail. I've installed to main memory. Now what do I do to setup the account and how do I access my emails? I followed the instructions at frieger.com website and my account doens't show up after setting it up. It only shows up if I do a POP3 or IMAP4, but not if I do a Hotmail.

dragomia
07-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Ok i bought Pocket Hotmail. I've installed to main memory. Now what do I do to setup the account and how do I access my emails? I followed the instructions at frieger.com website and my account doens't show up after setting it up. It only shows up if I do a POP3 or IMAP4, but not if I do a Hotmail.

Pocket Hotmail has some issues with 2003 devices. Try using HTTPMail Provider (http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=9539)