View Full Version : Dude, Im getting a Dell!

Zab
07-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Hola,

Getting my first PPC from Dell. Ordered the X30 and expecting it sometime in early august ( ugh :( ) just saying hi here on the forums

dean_shan
07-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Welcome. I think you'll find that there is a vast welth of knowledge here. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask them, even if you think they are too 'n00bish'.

Sven Johannsen
07-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Hola,

Getting my first PPC from Dell. Ordered the X30 and expecting it sometime in early august ( ugh :( ) just saying hi here on the forums

So you must be getting the fast one. It may actually ship sooner. My mid speed one shipped several days before the estimate.

shawnc
07-07-2004, 11:27 PM
Zab,

Congratulations on getting a great PDA AND stumbling on the best PPC discussion board on the Net. Welcome.

Zab
07-08-2004, 01:30 AM
Zab,

Congratulations on getting a great PDA AND stumbling on the best PPC discussion board on the Net. Welcome.

i had a couple extra spare hours today at work and spent the day browsing the boards. loved what i saw so i registered.

sven, yes im getting the 624. i hope it ships earlier. going to have to call my uncle at dell and see if he can help me out any.

anyways, thanks for the warm welcome. im currently budgeting to setup a wireless network on the house between my computer, my wifes and then setting up my PPC to work on the network. printed out a couple guides from here so going to work on it when i get the cash for a wireless router.

jedaharris
07-08-2004, 04:47 AM
If any of you who have done this can recommend the most helpful reading material that you came across I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I'll be connecting a laptop, PC, the Axim 30, and a mixed function device (printer, copier, fax machine which I haven't picked out yet). Thanks, much.

DOH
07-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Congrats on the dell. If you're still in the market for a multifunction, try the Brother MFC-3820CN. It's awesome, and less than 200 bucks, with an ethernet port already on it, so you just plug it right into the router. We have one and we love it!!! The other plus is the ink is cheaper than that of epson and hp and the color ink is in seperate cartridges, so you only buy the one you need. If you in the market for a router, check out buy.com, I've seen the best prices on just about every brand there.
Here's a link to the Brother multifunction mentioned above.....

http://www.brother.com/usa/fax/info/mfc3820cn/mfc3820cn_ove.html

Keep us up to date..
DOH

jedaharris
07-09-2004, 12:58 AM
I received in 5 days after ordering over a holiday weekend (3 business days!). Also, I received everything I was supposed to get including all of the cables. So the shipping problem they seemed to have at first appears to be solved. I am pumped to try to put together my first wireless network! Thanks to DOH and Zab for your suggestions. :D