View Full Version : Downloaded zip files are corrupt....?

smittyofdhs
07-07-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm using the Siemens SX56 running WM2003 OS. When I download zip files using pIE, the files are corrupt and are not usable. I've tried this after a hard reset and still had the same problem. I can download CAB and EXE files (or any other file for that matter), just ZIP files don't work.

WHY?

OSUKid7
07-08-2004, 04:25 AM
That's a little odd. Have you tried opening the zip files in any third party app such as PocketRAR?

smittyofdhs
07-08-2004, 03:41 PM
yeah, I've tried 3 different "unzip" utils on the PPC and also Winzip on the PC. Never tried RAR-unzip util but I figured if 4 good utils couldn't do it, neither would RAR or anything else.

Also, it's only zip files that have the problem. I'm using AT&T Wireless and the GPRS settings include a proxy server. Could the proxy be screwing up the zip files?

OSUKid7
07-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Have you tried it through another connection? Even through ActiveSync? It's worth a try.

smittyofdhs
07-08-2004, 04:15 PM
that's a great idea as it will allow me to tell if it's proxy related or not.

EDIT: I got pass-thru to work it's just REAL slow.....

SO I will try to download the same files.

EDIT2: Ok this pass-thru stuff sucks in WM2003, I just can't get it to work right. It's super slow and for the most part it times out on every page. I can get data to TodayWeather&Stocks with no problem but when trying to browse via pIE I can't. Any ideas?