View Full Version : Temp Files Remover

robclif4d
07-07-2004, 12:37 PM
I currently use SpaceMaker to remove temp folders/files from my ipaq 5555. Last night, I noticed a bunch of temp files (4+ MB worth) located at Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 that SpaceMaker doesn't even touch.

Is there an app that truely removes temp files as well as cached IE files?

Thanks,

Rob

yankeejeep
07-07-2004, 04:58 PM
I have been using MemMaid for a couple of weeks and am very happy with the clean-up results. It can also find and delete duplicate entries in the notification list. I have it set to automatically run at start-up, which means that a soft reset takes a few extra seconds, but a cleaner device is worth it, but this is a personal taste and it can be used manually as well.

It is one of the DinarSoft apps, so I expect it will get integrated into the menus in the Handys to allow for more direct access as they are updated for WM2003SE. I have used SpaceMaker in the paste and find MemMaid does a more extensive cleanup.

buzzard
07-07-2004, 06:02 PM
I tried an early version of MemMaid and the only issue that I had with it was it identified a "bunch of stuff" to delete but couldn't tell you what that stuff was. Has their update changed that ?

yankeejeep
07-07-2004, 06:29 PM
The delete list is still not going to give you specific files, but you can select types of files to find and delete (IE Cookies, IE History, Dead Shortcuts, Mail Attachments, etc), including files from the default temp and cache folders, and you can also specify 2 of your own making. While not giving you control down to the file level, the deletion process has struck a balance by letting the user select file groups from a listing of the normal types of junk files. Two nice features are control over your startup items and the ability to terminate any running process from a list of those that are active.

DinarSoft
07-07-2004, 07:24 PM
I tried an early version of MemMaid and the only issue that I had with it was it identified a "bunch of stuff" to delete but couldn't tell you what that stuff was. Has their update changed that ?

Version 1.2 is going to be out very soon.

- It adds an optional "advanced mode" where you get to see all the files/registry entries that are going to be deleted
- It lets you also select/unselect individual files/regitry entries in this list before deleting

robclif4d
07-07-2004, 11:57 PM
DinarSoft Rep......will it remove the files from this location now......Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5?

Thanks,

Rob

DinarSoft
07-08-2004, 12:16 AM
DinarSoft Rep......will it remove the files from this location now......Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5?

Thanks,

Rob

MemMaid should work fine with any settings
Why don't you give it a try yourself, Download the demov ersion and try it out (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productType=2&jid=6FC94C85CCX49X9FAE2E8A22XE53144X&platformId=2&siteId=1&productId=123995&sectionId=1000000030&posit=0&catalog=30&topSectionId=1000000030)
Even better, MemMaid allows you to move the cahce directory to external memory cards :)

Please let us know

buzzard
07-08-2004, 01:43 PM
quote]Version 1.2 is going to be out very soon.

- It adds an optional "advanced mode" where you get to see all the files/registry entries that are going to be deleted
- It lets you also select/unselect individual files/regitry entries in this list before deleting[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking forward to the change.

DinarSoft
07-09-2004, 10:56 PM
I have been using MemMaid for a couple of weeks and am very happy with the clean-up results. It can also find and delete duplicate entries in the notification list. I have it set to automatically run at start-up, which means that a soft reset takes a few extra seconds, but a cleaner device is worth it, but this is a personal taste and it can be used manually as well.

It is one of the DinarSoft apps, so I expect it will get integrated into the menus in the Handys to allow for more direct access as they are updated for WM2003SE. I have used SpaceMaker in the paste and find MemMaid does a more extensive cleanup.

Is this what you are waitting for ?
http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=d44283b2277cc1f5f3342e2182ed03ee&threadid=107344&highlight=memmaid