View Full Version : Toshiba e750 case or flip cover

Stephen Beesley
07-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Well it looks like I am going to take the plunge and replace my old faithful Jornada with a bright shinny Toshiba e750 (probably a refurbed one off ebay - anybody have any experience with them?).

I haven't even sold off my Jornada or got together the cash for my purchase yet, but already I am thinking of what I am going to house the toshiba in. I am sooooo used to being able to just slip my Jornada into my pocket and not worry about the screen due to the screen cover. As my first ever purchase of a PDA without a built in screen cover I am wondering what options I have. I am not really a big fan of leather cases. I bought one for my Jornada but never really used it - it just added too much bulk and black really isn't my colour :D.

Are there any attachable flip cover options for the Toshiba - I cannot remmeber the name of the company that was making these for Pocket PCs. What do any of you current users do?

Any comments/suggestions welcome!

Edit: Just found the site for the Cover Up (http://www.thepocketsolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PSI-004&Category_Code=SC&Product_Count=3) from Pocket Solutions - anybody have one of these?

Falstaff
07-08-2004, 05:38 AM
I actually ordered that Flipcover tonight, looked interesting, and it was pretty cheap as well. I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives. For my e755 I use an aluminum case from Proporta (http://secure.proporta.com/proporta/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=470&t_mode=des) and like it a lot. It is strong, light, and not very bulky. I keep it in my front shorts/pants pocket and don't mind the size, but I wear mostly baggy shorts.

Falstaff
07-12-2004, 10:49 PM
Flipcover seems to work well, I just got it today, so I haven't tried it in "real life" yet. You have to put a small strip of velcro on the back of the PDA at the top, but it's not annoying to me. The flip cover has padding over the screen area and is very well-made. Also, I got a chrome stylus from them that feels very nice, great weight, and it looks very cool. :D

Stephen Beesley
07-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Flipcover seems to work well, I just got it today, so I haven't tried it in "real life" yet. You have to put a small strip of velcro on the back of the PDA at the top, but it's not annoying to me. The flip cover has padding over the screen area and is very well-made. Also, I got a chrome stylus from them that feels very nice, great weight, and it looks very cool. :D

I would love to hear how this goes when you have some real life experience. I have just ebayed my Jornada ( :cry: :cry: ) and as soon as the payment clears I will be in the market for a Toshiba e755 (seem to be some great refurb deals on ebay at the moment) an I am planing to order one of these at the same time so that my new gadget never has to go without screen protection :D

blot
07-15-2004, 03:24 PM
I'm using a case from Bellagio Designs (http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showcategory3.php/25) that I really like. The unique thing about this case is that it allows you to sync in the cradle without removing the case! Construction seems to be decent and I opted for the belt clip model after carrying it for years in my front pocket. I wasn't sure I would like the belt clip, but it has certainly grown one me, though the post for the clip still allows one to carry it in the pocket if the need arises. It also has a magnetic snap to keep it closed, which seems of good quality. I ended up getting it on a recommendation from another poster in this forum. Good Luck!