View Full Version : Problems with legacy apps in Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition

filmrobotdotcom
07-05-2004, 06:36 AM
Anyone experiencing strange slowdowns with 3rd party applications running on Windows Mobile 2003 SE that worked perfectly in WM2003 Standard and Professional?? If there are any porting tips/tricks specifically concerning image display and storage card access I'd be very interested to hear about them. According to Micro$oft, .NET Compact Framework applications do not need to be re-written for WM2003SE.

hmmmmm...

It's killing us 'cause we really like the new Dell hardware, but we are about to return a batch of Dell Axim X30 Pocket PC's because of our uncertainty about the stability of this new OS. Is it just a coincidence that HP is sticking with WM2003 Standard for now??

[/b]

milkman dan
07-05-2004, 03:36 PM
if you are talking about games, it could be the gapi problem with 2003SE, which I don't think will be solved :(

filmrobotdotcom
07-05-2004, 05:22 PM
I'll have to check with the coding gurus but I don't think we use any GAPI calls

epdm
07-20-2004, 11:12 PM
I'll have to check with the coding gurus but I don't think we use any GAPI calls

Yoú're right some programs don't run as they should. Also power up after a reset takes quite a bit longer. At least I noticed this while I still had my Toshiba E-800 which came with WM2003 and which I re-flashed with WM2003SE.

For now I believe the best option as fas as compatibility is concerned is to stick with WM2003.

acollet
07-26-2004, 11:57 PM
I have Bugme, Laridian, Agenda Fusion, MobileDB, listpro, recordian, ewallet, AIM, eReader, nicestart, mini stumbler, mapopolis, pocket earth, keep track, Adobe Reader, Audible, World Mate, Pocket BAckup.. All installed and working flawlessly.