View Full Version : Public to Microsoft: We Want Changes!

Damion Chaplin
01-20-2007, 03:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.petitiononline.com/zune/petition.html' target='_blank'>http://www.petitiononline.com/zune/petition.html</a><br /><br /></div><p><em>&quot;</em><em>To:&nbsp; Microsoft Corporation <br />We, the undersigned owners of the Microsoft Zune are for a better level of communication regarding updates to the product. We also seek acknowledgement of specific missing features identified by the Zune community and a commitment from Microsoft to measurably change the firmware and software (and marketplace) for the product to address these needs.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br /></em><em>We believe that Microsoft should take the following steps to resolve these needs: <br /></em><em>1. Improve the communication level with Zune customers. Increase community visibility into plans for firmware and software changes to the Zune. This may include regular updates about progress. <br /></em><em>2. Make firmware updates available with incremental feature additions rather than large changes. Include complete release notes about changes and bug fixes in firmware and software. <br />3. Acknowledge and address community wishlists for changes to the Zune Product, such as the prioritized wishlists at Zunerama, and ZuneScene.&quot;</em></p><p>Want to make your voice heard?&nbsp; Want to make it clear to Microsoft that you expect better from them?&nbsp; Head on over and sign the petition!&nbsp; As you can see, the petition wants Microsoft to start paying attention to us fans and to start communicating with us better.&nbsp; Now, in my experience, petitions mean nothing and get even less done.&nbsp; They might as well start &quot;We, the undersigned losers who have nothing better to do...&quot; for all the action I've seen them spur.&nbsp; But, you never know, and certainly if we never speak up they'll never know what we want, so it's worth a shot I'd say.</p>

NPrtmn4evr
01-22-2007, 05:42 AM
These things very rarely work out, but if people feel the need to file a petition then more power to them.

MarxMarvelous
01-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Does Apple do any of this? I may be wrong since I don't follow the iPod scene closely but my impression is that they are renowned for their "secrecy". So they are doing the same thing but have somehow turned it into a positive thing!

flatline response
02-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Um...didn't we go through this once before? I'm certain that I posted to this thread with my tirade of wishes a couple of weeks ago.