View Full Version : does VGA have this problem as opposed to QVGA

tap0utt
07-03-2004, 12:58 AM
i have an hp 4155 and when using screen rotation software (nydotit-sp?), the screen when sideways, has different tones at different angles.

specifically, the screen doesnt appear to be the same with both of my eyes and it's coloration of pictures/websites/files/etc.

so my question is, with vga screens and rotating your pda, will it have this same effect? this is a reason why i dont like using those software for landscape mode on my 4155.

now i have also used the tungsten t3 and it appears to have less of this effect-- if not un-noticable. this is what im trying to achieve.

thanks!
bryant

Janak Parekh
07-03-2004, 01:27 AM
It's a function of how the LCD is built. Most LCDs have varying contrasts and tones when viewed at the non-optimal viewing angle. My e805 has a consistent tone when viewed landscape, but it's not quite optimal brightness-wise.

So, chances are, there will always be a "preferred" orientation... although the non-preferred orientation should be useable.

--janak

tap0utt
07-03-2004, 02:50 AM
thanks for your reply... i guess truly find out when i get to hold them in my hands.

:)

milkman dan
07-03-2004, 02:27 PM
once OLED, or more specfically PLED (polymer OLEDS as oposed to organic) hit the PDA market, there will be NO orientation whatsoever, it will be like lookign at an ultra high rez light bright :D