View Full Version : Pay to Install a Screen Protector?

baker
07-02-2004, 04:35 PM
OK. Here's a crazy poll. My screen protectors arrived and I placed one on my HP 4155. Getting a lint free install took a me some time. So, would you pay to have a screen protector installed?

marlof
07-02-2004, 05:04 PM
I try my hardest to avoid excessive lint (using the bathroom technique), but somehow I'm used to some small lint particles under the screen protector now. I only notice them the first day, after that it's fine by me.

Qman
07-02-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm a do it yourselfer! :D

Jacob
07-02-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm a do-it-yourselfer, but I'd pay a few bucks extra for supplies that will help me do it dust free.

mrkablooey
07-02-2004, 08:01 PM
TINY bit of soapy water on the screen and lay it on, no lint, no bubbles. :)

Hyperluminal
07-03-2004, 03:15 AM
I don't use a screen protector. :)

But if I did, I would probably do it myself; I've had decent/good luck installing them in the past, so I don't think I'd pay to have someone else do it...

baker
07-03-2004, 04:53 AM
I try my hardest to avoid excessive lint (using the bathroom technique), but somehow I'm used to some small lint particles under the screen protector now. I only notice them the first day, after that it's fine by me.

I'm the same way, but it's getting past the first day that gets me. :lol:

milkman dan
07-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Ive yet to install a screen protector myself, but I am pretty confident I could get one on perfect. Mind you the rest of the PPC population aren't morons, so I second guess that come to think of it :)

Kowalski
07-03-2004, 05:32 PM
i dont use a screen protector but if i decide to use oneday, i know how to do it, by using a credit card( a tip i learned here in ppct) :)

Alsicole
07-03-2004, 10:29 PM
I'm a do it yourselfer. I like the thicker brands of screen protector, they're easier to get on lint free. I find the floppy types of screen protector seem to pick up a lot more gunk.

Stephen Beesley
07-05-2004, 03:23 PM
I generally use one of the washable screen protectors and had all sorts of problems with lint until I came across THIS (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24998&start=0) tip. Great results.

Lately I have been using the protectors from NuShield (http://www.nushield.net) and have found that I have not had as much problem with lint.

Robb Bates
07-07-2004, 12:42 AM
I don't use a screen protector.

There are two types of PPC users...

Those who use screen protectors...

And those who haven't scratched the heck out of their screen... YET!

Robb

PetiteFlower
07-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Man the things that people with way too much disposable income will pay for.....

Robb Bates
07-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Are you talking about screen protectors or paying for installation?

Paying for a screen protector is a very good investment. Kind of like car insurance. Yeah, it may cost more than we'd like, but we sure are happy we have it when we need it.

Paying for installation... I guess that's like paying for an oil change vs. doing it yourself. If you have the money, it's so much easier to pay someone to do it.

Robb