View Full Version : PocketPlus 2.0 locks up my Asus MyPal A716 !!

MOrtenstein
07-02-2004, 01:37 AM
:evil:

Ok, I tried it twice! I installed every software I use on my MyPal A716 one at a time. Every time I installed PocketPlus 2.0 my PDA simply froze when I turned it off. So I couldn't turn it on anymore - had to soft-reset every time.

Anybody experienced the same? I really love the functionality but if it always kills my Asus... :(

Janak Parekh
07-02-2004, 02:34 AM
There are two possibilities: either there's a conflict between the hardware and Pocket Plus 2, or there's a software conflict with something you installed before Pocket Plus.

I know this is painful, but the next thing to do is to hard reset and reinstall Pocket Plus. If you still have a problem, you should contact Spb and give them the full details - they may be able to fix it for you...

--janak

MOrtenstein
07-02-2004, 02:38 AM
I know this is painful, but the next thing to do is to hard reset and reinstall Pocket Plus.

Hi,
this is why I tried already 2 times... after the first time my device froze several times until I couldn't turn it on at all. So I had to hard-reset. :evil:

I also contacted Spb... no response yet :cry:

Janak Parekh
07-02-2004, 03:19 AM
I'm sorry, I wasn't being clear... did you try hard-resetting and installing just Pocket Plus?

--janak

MOrtenstein
07-02-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm sorry, I wasn't being clear... did you try hard-resetting and installing just Pocket Plus?

--janak

No, no, no, no... :( :(

Not again... but there is a long weekend so I might find the time to do that.

Thanks
Michael

Janak Parekh
07-02-2004, 04:11 PM
No, no, no, no... :( :(
I'm sorry. :( I don't mean to generate more work for you. The problem is, it's hard to debug otherwise... :|

--janak

MOrtenstein
07-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Hard-reset yesterday and installed ONLY PocketPlus. So far no lockups 8O

Right now I installed AgendaFusion and will see what happens. So much work... :roll:

jali-p5
07-05-2004, 02:29 PM
did you ever have programs like Wisbar or some taskbar managing program installed before cause i know that if you do and you use the PocketPlus close feature, you'll cause your PPC to lock up........just a thought....... :)

MOrtenstein
07-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Now... during the weekend I installed almost all applications I used to have on my pocketpc before the lockup-trouble started.

I have no idea if the "install pocketplus first"-thing helped but although I am running Wisbar Adv AND PocketPlus, there have been no lockups so far. 8O

I hope it stays like that because now I started "using" my pocketpc like normal and entering data... don't want to lose everything again.

Software can be such a crazy thing :mrgreen:

Janak Parekh
07-05-2004, 05:45 PM
It can be. :| Make sure to sync regularly and consider doing a full backup occasionally.

--janak