View Full Version : I wonder when somebody will publish a good roundup of all the new devices.

Skoobouy
06-29-2004, 11:44 PM
I would really appreciate it. It seems like the coming months will see a veritable smorgasboard of new PocketPCs--VGA, QVGA, phone, non-phone, budget, high-end; Acer, HP, Dell, Toshiba, Asus; XDA, etc. etc. and so on. It's too much!

Ryan Joseph
06-30-2004, 03:30 AM
Well, with so many of the devices still in the rumor (or at least unconfirmed) stage, that would be dificult.

There are several new devices on the horizon, but they've each got a different release date, so the definition of "new" varies with each one.

I think PPCT does a great job posting about the new devices, but with so many variables (including hardware variaes) a mass-comparison would be hard.

I think the idea is that individual users research the devices they're interested in...and this is a great place to start! :mrgreen:

Janak Parekh
06-30-2004, 06:07 AM
I think Ryan hit the nail on the head, but that said, it would be nice if someone had the time and energy to compile a table containing all the rumors about the new devices.

Unfortunately, the PPCT editors are not going to be the ones to do this, because some of us are covered by NDAs. :( We only know a little more, but just barely enough to get into trouble. :| Makes you wonder whether the NDAs are worth it in the first place...

--janak

maximus
06-30-2004, 07:38 AM
How little is a little? :mrgreen:

Kowalski
06-30-2004, 12:08 PM
the only thing interests me is the date when a730 and motorola mpx220 will hit the shelves. then i will close my eyes to new devices for a year

Janak Parekh
06-30-2004, 05:22 PM
How little is a little? :mrgreen:
Little enough to not make it worth it? ;) We get more interesting information on the OS itself than on devices, since the devices are the domain of OEMs and they hold their cards closely to their chest.

--janak