View Full Version : Video flipped upside down on desktop PC

superdope
06-29-2004, 09:28 PM
I have a computer where the video output suddenly flipped upside down! I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been the one to see it happen. No one in the office has installed any *jokes* on this computer, so that's out. I've searched with Google and I've searched Symantec's website and Microsoft's website with no conclusive resolution to the problem.

Anyone seen this and know a [permanent] solution to the problem, other than turning the monitor over?

Thanks!
Jim Jensen

Falstaff
06-29-2004, 11:25 PM
This sometimes happened in computer labs at my school, not sure what program/hardware caused it. Try holding Ctrl and pressing the down arrow, that might do it.

David Prahl
06-30-2004, 02:06 AM
Re-install the video card drivers?

Try a different video card?

Boot in "safe mode"? (if it still does it you know it's hardware related)

Find the prank program and run it? (that WOULD work...) :lol:

milkman dan
06-30-2004, 11:04 AM
video output on your monitor? or on your TV out? Regardless, most of this is a few clicks away if you are runing an nvidia or radeon card. Right click your desktop, click the settings tab. click the advanced button, and it will open a new menu. If you are running an ATI radeon, there will be a tab called "rotation" that will have your sollution. If you are running Nvidia, the drivers are slightly different , but click through the menu's and you will find it, I belive it is called screen rotation in the nvidia drivers. Simple fix. If you are running XPpro or win200 box, you can permanently solve this problem by clicking
start>run
type gpedit.msc

then change this option :D

User Configuration > Control Panel> Display > Hide Settings Tab = ENABLED

This will stop 99% of people from screwing around with it :)